Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am getting this message after disconnecting the battery. I was hoping to get the CODE message (and I have the code to input into the system), but I cannot get beyond C-ERR whatever I do.

I have read threads saying this can be solved by both turning the key to position 1 (though I hate to do this for long - surely it will damage something?) while simultaneously leaving the radio turned ON for some length of time (up to 24 hours), which will then bring me to CODE.

Another thread I read says that the radio is now damaged and needs repair or replacement.

Seems strange that the radio would now become faulty just by disconnecting the battery...

Any suggestions/solutions/advice would be much appreciated. :)

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,977 Posts
The procedure you mention is recommended for some radios; I don't know enough about yours to be able to confirm it. You are not likely to damage anything - but I would shut down the air conditioning and anything you don't need to run - and you should charge your battery with an external charger while using the procedure. Be sure you follow your owner manual's charging instructions, so that you don't damage the battery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks for this input, Skylaw. :thumbsup:

Does anyone else have any news on the success of this procedure - i.e. radio on and ignition set to position 1 for 24-hours - specifically for this radio (which came standard with my 1994 E-420)?

If there's something easier or proven, I'd love to know before attempting this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have attempted this remedy to the letter - and still nothing but the C-ERR message.

Does anyone have any suggestions? :surrender:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts