Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Mercedes C280, 1971 Camaro SS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my new hobby is to repair and make this car dependable and mercedes fit. I acquired this car sitting in a warehouse and outside for over six years. It has just 106K miles on it. The body was rough but somehow managed a shine after rubbing compound. Interior is the problem. It is in pretty good shape but I cannot find replacement parts. I need all the headliner, third brake light, woodgrain, window switches. I broke the lower left dash plate that holds the hood latch, steering wheel adjustment and cannot find one anywhere on-line to replace these items.
My question is where can I order these parts? With lots of love and time, this car will be a very nice car. I just hated to see this car sit because it was in good condition and it was a task just made for me. Thanks Bobby

·
Registered
1994 sold/new White 2014 c250 sport/night eition
177 Posts
my new hobby is to repair and make this car dependable and mercedes fit. I acquired this car sitting in a warehouse and outside for over six years. It has just 106K miles on it. The body was rough but somehow managed a shine after rubbing compound. Interior is the problem. It is in pretty good shape but I cannot find replacement parts. I need all the headliner, third brake light, woodgrain, window switches. I broke the lower left dash plate that holds the hood latch, steering wheel adjustment and cannot find one anywhere on-line to replace these items.
My question is where can I order these parts? With lots of love and time, this car will be a very nice car. I just hated to see this car sit because it was in good condition and it was a task just made for me. Thanks Bobby
try these guys, they are auto dismantlers, and usually have used autos parts for the older MB cars.....

[email protected]

·
Registered
1999 C280
898 Posts
you might want to fill out your profile completed including where you live. That way someone might be able to suggest a pick a part junk yard near you which is much cheaper than ordering parts online.
Here in NM there are not alot of the W202's I see at the junkyard but they seem to get about 1 in per month.

good luck.

Mark

·
Registered
96 C220, 85 300D , 84 300D (sold), 80 300TD (sold)
188 Posts
yup.... always good to know your location so we can suggest places to try....

One place I know that have tons of parts is Sunvalleydismantlers.com in SoCal. You can also try car-part.com.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Check the wiring harness first!

Then, sorry to say, ask yourself, and before you spend too much money, why are you doing this?

If you want one, go '97 and newer.

·
Registered
1994 Mercedes C280, 1971 Camaro SS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!! All great advice and taken, I'm from Kansas City Missouri and so far the car is well just need some love!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts