Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I'm having a hard time finding a complete wiring diagram to fix an electrical problem on my car. If someone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.
I specifically need the section from the speed and rpm sensors to the instrument cluster.

My problem is that in humid conditions, my cluster keeps loosing the signal from the vehicle speed and engine rpm sensors. Before I start taking apart anything, I would like to know if there are any modules or connectors that could cause this problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
96' C220
1,275 Posts
Sticky Needles...

Your needles are probably sticking to the pins. Many people have had that problem when it's humid. You can disassemble the cluster and clean the pins or some guys put small heat shrink tube on them to prevent re-occurance.

Good Luck!:thumbsup:

C as in 220

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply

I just want to make sure that my symptoms are the the same that those due to this problem.
When I start the car, everything usually works fine. After driving a while (10-15), especially under the rain, both gauge go to zero. The car still runs fine but all the light in the dash go on for 30 sec since it thinks that the engine is off. Then the lights go off but the abs light stays on. Usually, everything comes back on a few minutes later and it will not happen again for the rest of the trip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts