Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 1993 500SEL. The other day on my way for a drive I noticed the CHECK ENGINE since on my dash board. I took it in for a service and the mercedes service agent told me that is has to do with the carbon build up in the injector. I am very skeptical about his findings because I asked him how he came up with this conclusion. His responce was that the diagnostic test shows this. I took the car home without repairing it, and it seem to run fine. and have put over 1000+ miles on it ever since. the car runs smooth as usual. But one thing that I have been noticing is that the MPG suddenly goes to 5MPG until I reach 25-40 mPH, and starts to act normal after that. Any help about this problem is greatly appreciated. thanks

--srig

·
Administratoris Emeritus
2024 SL770
46,798 Posts
Welcome to BenzWorld! Check Engine is indicative of an emissions issue. It could be almost anything. I'll slide this over to the w140 section for some more informed opinions.

·
Registered
1987 560SL - 1994 S420 - 2005 S55 AMG
341 Posts
Check out the recent post on What's this little button for? Try using the diagnostic module if your car has it and read your own fault. Several responses in you will see a link to a web site that will assit you in figuring out the problem.

I know, I know, my engine bay needs cleaning.

Auto part Vehicle Engine Car

Auto part Wire Vehicle Electrical wiring Technology

1 - 3 of 3 Posts