1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1993 400E
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All::

Me again.

My headlamp washer blades need replacement. I have searched online for both the mb part and the Bosch part but it does not seem to be available anymore. I saw some for sale from turkey but I’ve never bought anything on eBay from outside North America.

I see on the 500e board that some people just make their own making sure the metal backer is the same thickness?

Anyone have any ideas? Opinions? Options?

Thanks,

Andy

·
Registered
1993 300D 2.5 "Elsie"
1,247 Posts
Do you have U.S. lights or Euro? U.S. blades are easy to find and I even have a set. Euro blades are near impossible. I found a new old stock set, with the help of another member here, on eBay in Germany. I paid a ridiculous amount of money for them. Like over $300. But I had looked for months! I have a post about this somewhere here...

Don't bother with the Turkey ones. They look like crap and are made even worse. They use cheap pot metal and break within a few days, and the spray nozzles have no spray control. And the seller will offer to replace them, but never sends the replacements. Not that it would really matter since I would expect the replacements to also break within a few days...

·
Registered
1993 300D 2.5 "Elsie"
1,247 Posts
Forgot, but if your frames are in good condition, you can just replace the rubber in them, which is probably what you saw on the 500E board. I didn't have the frames, so I couldn't do that.

·
Registered
1989 W124 260E
1,111 Posts
Pick up a new blade with the same size insert as your headlight blade strip it out and fit in to you old assembly i do this every time they wear out ,.Even when the front screen wiper blade goes bad i keep them just for this job.

·
Registered
1993 400E
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have U.S. lights or Euro? U.S. blades are easy to find and I even have a set. Euro blades are near impossible. I found a new old stock set, with the help of another member here, on eBay in Germany. I paid a ridiculous amount of money for them. Like over $300. But I had looked for months! I have a post about this somewhere here...

Don't bother with the Turkey ones. They look like crap and are made even worse. They use cheap pot metal and break within a few days, and the spray nozzles have no spray control. And the seller will offer to replace them, but never sends the replacements. Not that it would really matter since I would expect the replacements to also break within a few days...
Hi chuck, I’m pretty sure I have just the stock US version.

What part do you have available? The whole wiper arm?

I’m a little handy and can probably do the rubber only replacement.....if nothing else is broken/damaged.

·
Registered
1993 300D 2.5 "Elsie"
1,247 Posts
Hopefully this link works

Headlight Wiper Replacements

Pretty sure these are the ones I have in my garage somewhere.

Hi chuck, I’m pretty sure I have just the stock US version.

What part do you have available? The whole wiper arm?

I’m a little handy and can probably do the rubber only replacement.....if nothing else is broken/damaged.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts