Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1993 300SL (Inline-6)
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a code reader with an LED to try and diagnose my transmission (not shifting past 2nd or 3rd depending on which gear it is starting in). I do not get any blinks but a steady light on (Pin 13). The light gets brighter when i push the reset button but then the light goes back to the regular brightness. I know that 1 blink means no codes so what does the light on constantly mean? Could it mean my computer is fried? Any insight on this or the actual fix? I am suspecting the switch over valve right now. This all started when I parked my car for 6 months with no driving...battery died and then when I charged and started it to test drive the car would not shift right.

This is what I have done so far:
Changed the filter and fluid twice (not cheap)
Changed the HGS module (bought one on ebay)

·
Registered
2009 S550, 1973 Avanti II, 2008 Silverado LTZ
900 Posts
Another forum member's car is doing the same thing when we try to check codes. We've been trying to chase down a problem with his roll bar, and we're getting the same results on his 91 500SL.
I hope someone has an answer for you!

·
Registered
1993 300SL (Inline-6)
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was wondering about the 9 pin connector on the other side of the engine bay....(round) does that have the same function as the 16 pin (rectangularish). Maybe that could give other codes?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts