1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1993 190E 2.3
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

1993 190E W201
I have removed the rear glass to do some paint work. I am having trouble installing the chrome moldings after installing the rear glass. Does anyone know the trick to installing the moldings? Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
2000 :W220 - 1986 W201: 16v Nam,16v Euro- 2002:SL500 Silver Arrow.2002:Avalanche-
2,263 Posts
Oh boy , I think you r making lot sa mess here .. really need TWO ( Professional glass services) to do it right for less risk of leaking , broken or trims are not snap-into the perfect place ect.. Using a approx 20 ft x 1/4 soft rope line under and inside rear glass after sealer applied and lay your glass over the rubber seal... I was ask to help and watch how they did that, looks easy but overwhelming to me my friend...
Drive it to the glass shop..hehehe.:confused::D

·
Registered
1993 190E 2.3
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rear glass molding

I have already installed the rear glass that was the easy part. But getting the chrome moldings installed after the glass is installed is the problem.
I was thinking that I may have to remove the glass and install the chrome strips in the rubber and then install the rear glass with everything together. Please help.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
2000 :W220 - 1986 W201: 16v Nam,16v Euro- 2002:SL500 Silver Arrow.2002:Avalanche-
2,263 Posts
Can't remember now but I'm sure not take glass out again after installed..???..:dunno:

·
Registered
92 190e 2.6 Sportline, 2005 clk55
1,197 Posts
I was thinking that I may have to remove the glass and install the chrome strips in the rubber and then install the rear glass with everything together.
you have your answer boss. i swaped my trim to black except for that becuase i found out you have to take the glass out to reinstall it.

·
Registered
'87 190E 2.6
186 Posts
I have already installed the rear glass that was the easy part. But getting the chrome moldings installed after the glass is installed is the problem.
I was thinking that I may have to remove the glass and install the chrome strips in the rubber and then install the rear glass with everything together. Please help.

Thanks,

Mike
Yep you got it, the trim gets installed into the gasket BEFORE the window gets seated..

·
Registered
1993 190E 2.3
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Everyone!

This morning I went to an expensive Autobody shop. They in turn sent me to a glass shop. The glass shop wanted $85.00 to install the rear window. The guy said I have the skills to put it in myself. So that is what I did! It was work but I got it in. The trim must be put in first before the rear window install. Cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.