Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1992 190E 2.3L Automatic
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I turn on the power, it says "Code" on the display.

I'd sure love to try out this cassette deck - anybody know how to reset it?

·
Registered
1990 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.6
627 Posts
You will need the 4 digit code for the radio to work. I can suggest that you take the radio to a Mercedes dealer and they might be able to provide the code. If it is the original radio for the car the V.I.N might help as well.

·
Registered
1991 190E 2.6 Black/Palomino / 1990 560SEL White/Blue leather
90 Posts
When I turn on the power, it says "Code" on the display.

I'd sure love to try out this cassette deck - anybody know how to reset it?
When I decided to upgrade the stereo system, I removed the original cassette deck and the 4 digit code was penciled in on the casing. Maybe yours is too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you were lucky enough to get the Owner's manual (and other documentation) with the car there is the possibility that you will find a RADIO CODE CARD. If you have all the documents you will find an Operation Guide for the radio with instructions for resetting the radio with the code.
If you don't have that paperwork then do as LauraS suggested. Good luck.

·
Registered
1992 190E 2.3L Automatic
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well as luck would have it, the original owner kept all the documents and even the window sticker. It was a $32k car and sure enough I got the code for the stereo.

Unfortunately, the speakers are shot and so is the head unit. Crutchfield doesn't make a harness for this, so yeah....

·
Registered
1990 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.6
627 Posts
Crutchfield had a harness for my 1990 Mercedes radio (Alpine). My front speakers are pretty shabby also.

·
Premium Member
1976 450SL, 1992 190e 2.3, 1984 300D turbo, 1966 VW bus
923 Posts
try this. This is the code for my 1992 2.3, maybe it will work...

Motor vehicle Font Rectangle Commemorative plaque Event
Car Vehicle Gear shift Plant Steering part

·
Registered
23 Posts
My experience is that each radio has it's own specific code. PWNZOR stated that that the documentation came with the car including the radio code.

·
Premium Member
1976 450SL, 1992 190e 2.3, 1984 300D turbo, 1966 VW bus
923 Posts
Surely there are dip switches or something inside to set the code? I have a spare radio at home I will open up when I get home

1 - 10 of 10 Posts