Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 S600 Sedan
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hey fellas, I previously posted this Benz for sale here on this forum:

Today I decided to part out this Benz. Instead of posting it in that thread I decided to create a new one so everyone who is interested in any part could ask any questions in this thread or PM me.

Here are few details:
  • I purchased it from Brooklyn in order to remove bumpers and exhaust which I'm going to use to build my Lorinser bumpers and Eisenmann exhaust on my V12. All parts are sitting here and waiting for me to find time.
  • It's 1992 600SEL Unknown Miles
  • Engine doesn't start by itself but we were able to start with starting fluid. The issue may be related to a fuel line or fuel regulator or fuel pump, but I'm not sure.
  • I already removed two bumpers and catback exhaust. I also need to remove front plastic panels (which are right below front fenders).
  • It has working pumps (soft close works!) for doors and trunk which still close like they should.
  • It also has individual rear seats.
  • Car is black on black.
  • It has some cosmetic issues on the body and interior is not perfect.
ALL pics that I made are available here on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/72157711709125328

So this car is available as a whole or I may try to remove individual parts if you need it.

For large parts like rear seats etc I would expect a potential buyer to be pretty serious because it requires a huge amount of labor and storage area to remove and store those items outside the car. At this moment I'd like to sell parts locally or at least start with selling small parts like modules etc.

Please feel free to ask any questions or PM me. I'll try to reply as soon as possible.

Thanks!

·
Registered
95 S600
921 Posts
Before I decide to give up on my s600 project and part it out too; I would like to see if the eta wiring is any good.

·
Registered
97 S600 Sedan
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Before I decide to give up on my s600 project and part it out too; I would like to see if the eta wiring is any good.
Please tell me where is that eta wiring? If you could take a pic and circle the part you need it will definitely help me to better understand what you need.

Just to clarify I'm not working on cars on a daily basis so I need to minimize the time and effort needed in order to provide you the right and most precise answer. Car is being parked outside and I'm working in the office so I'd like to understand exactly what I need to do. I could take a few pics but I need to know exactly where that part is located. Also it's quickly getting pretty dark after 4pm here in North East so ideally I should do it in the morning.

·
Registered
95 S600
921 Posts
ETA is the electronic throttle actuators. Basically the throttle bodies. They're located on each side of the intake manifold. They should have a harness coming out of them.

Does your ETAs work?

·
Registered
97 S600 Sedan
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ETA is the electronic throttle actuators. Basically the throttle bodies. They're located on each side of the intake manifold. They should have a harness coming out of them.

Does your ETAs work?
Alright, I got it. I'll try to check on weekend or in the beginning of next week.

·
Registered
'85 300tdt (sold),'64 220b,'63 220Sb ,85 monte carlo ss 406SBC(4 sale),1976 vega wagon(sold)
215 Posts
Is this the one I towed back from Brooklyn? I would reccomended getting a deposit before removing parts especially if they are labor intensive. People may be shopping around or just dreamers and dissapear when they have nothing to lose.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz
1,754 Posts

Hey fellas, I previously posted this Benz for sale here on this forum:

Today I decided to part out this Benz. Instead of posting it in that thread I decided to create a new one so everyone who is interested in any part could ask any questions in this thread or PM me.

Here are few details:
  • I purchased it from Brooklyn in order to remove bumpers and exhaust which I'm going to use to build my Lorinser bumpers and Eisenmann exhaust on my V12. All parts are sitting here and waiting for me to find time.
  • It's 1992 600SEL Unknown Miles
  • Engine doesn't start by itself but we were able to start with starting fluid. The issue may be related to a fuel line or fuel regulator or fuel pump, but I'm not sure.
  • I already removed two bumpers and catback exhaust. I also need to remove front plastic panels (which are right below front fenders).
  • It has working pumps (soft close works!) for doors and trunk which still close like they should.
  • It also has individual rear seats.
  • Car is black on black.
  • It has some cosmetic issues on the body and interior is not perfect.
ALL pics that I made are available here on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/72157711709125328

So this car is available as a whole or I may try to remove individual parts if you need it.

For large parts like rear seats etc I would expect a potential buyer to be pretty serious because it requires a huge amount of labor and storage area to remove and store those items outside the car. At this moment I'd like to sell parts locally or at least start with selling small parts like modules etc.

Please feel free to ask any questions or PM me. I'll try to reply as soon as possible.

Thanks!
Is this the one I towed back from Brooklyn? I would reccomended getting a deposit before removing parts especially if they are labor intensive. People may be shopping around or just dreamers and dissapear when they have nothing to lose.
Motors, switches and duct work included?

·
Registered
97 S600 Sedan
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess so though I didn't know your BenzWorld nickname. It was fun lol! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts