Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some guidance.

1992 500e 260K km...

Over the last several months, The ASR light comes on when I hit the gas and car goes into " limp mode". It happens more often when the engine is cold. Once the engine warms up , the problem seems to go away, unless I " gun " it and then sometimes the light comes on. Restarting makes it go away.

However now, more frequently when on cold starts, the car idling is erratic and stalling is frequent. I have to hit the gas ( in neutral ) to make the ASR light come on and then the idle seems to remain consistant. However I cannot drive the car that way, because it is limp mode.

When the engine warms up and then restart, the problem again seems to go away. ...

The wiring harness has been replaced, the neutral switch has been replaced.

Any help on this ASR issue is appreciated.

Thanks

MW

·
Registered
2001 E320; 2002 ML500
1,982 Posts
Measure the battery voltage with the engine running at approx. 2000 R.P.M. If over 14.5V, replace the voltage regulator in the alternator.

·
Registered
2013 E350 sedan, 2013 E350 cab, 1993 400E sold,1999 ML320
2,436 Posts
Ahhh first question, is the engine wiring harness been changed if not probably issue number 1. Then the normal tuneup and If the harness is or is going bad the throttle actuator under the air cleaner controls ASR and stuff. It also could be bad now. I had all the same issues and it was all those things that went bad 1 at a time. 1200 dollars and 2 years later no issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts