Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at purchasing a 1992 400e from the original owner. They have all of the service records and have serviced the vehicle entirely from original dealer. The car has 183,000 miles and is in great shape. The technician who serviced the car most of its life just checked the car out and he has over 30 years experience working on Mercedes. 2 things he reviewed and stated are normal for a car of this age. power steering is leaking slightly. stated even if a new pump is installed the leak will continue eventually, only way is to keep resealing or just make sure fluid is adequate, so not a big deal. Also a very slight leak on the transmission. Based on age of the car it is normal to have some small leaks and also stated because the car sat for about 10 months that leak could be worse than when you drive it more. Bottom line is I can buy this car for $2500 and seller won't budge. Is that a good price?

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Yes. If all mtc has been completed and documented, there is no rust and the PPI came back clean it's very attractive.

For that price I'd buy a pink one.

I've been looking at 400E/E420s for a few months on ebay/Craig's in anticipation of replacing a 124 and this is the least I've ever seen one in good condition.

Has the wiring harness been replaced? I believe the biodegradable harnesses started in 92.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes both upper and lower harnesses have been replaced, brakes were recently done from and rear as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts