Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 400E that I recently purchased. There is a ticking coming from the fuel pump relay accompanied by a rough idle. this just started in the last two or three days. at first it went away when it warmed up but now it staying. I had a spare relay and replaced it but it acted the same. I'm thinking that I will have to replace the LH module next, if I can get one. Any Ideas ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checking the wiring diagram, the LH feeds the fuel pump relay.
I was able to get a LH module at my local junk yard. I installed it and the problem appears resolved. it has been running about 3 days with the new module with no problem. When I put the original module back the chattering or ticking starts immediately, so I think my problem is fixed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem and found thread here so I am posting my solution for posterity. I have experience with electronics and had two modules, like you I bought a junkyard module. The first one drained the battery the second one had the relay issue. I replaced 7 capacitors and unit seems to work now. The car runs and cranks much better. It's only been a few days so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts