Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious to see if my alarm was working properly on my '92 and went to look under the passenger foot-well only to find no alarm module or associated wires, and no door contact switches other than the interior light switches. So no factory alarm.

My question is if this is typical for a '92 to not have a factory alarm and if I am still able to add an aftermarket alarm since I apparently do not have any contact switches either.

Also, I am unsure if the car even has a convenience module, I am out at sea so I cannot check this.

Note:
-My front windows have auto-down
-I have not been able to get the windows to close/open with the key in any lock cylinder
-The car came with a fob that locks and unlocks the doors-I assume this is a simple unit that actuates the power lock circuit
-Everything else in the car works

·
Registered
16,695 Posts
All US spec W124s had alarm factory fitted as standard. Outside, the US it was optional.

If yours is missing, look for clues such as wiring connectors, bypassed relay, etc.

·
Premium Member
10,096 Posts
You could have a convenience module that's only partially working with your windows and sunroof.....pretty common. Right now, my windows only go up and down with the outside lock on the passenger side and the sunroof doesn't open or shut at all anymore. German electronics & age.......

As far as the car alarm, I wouldn't waste your money. Eventually they get crotchety too in these cars and do strange things....the reason they are often disconnected. Car alarms have never really worked against car theives, but rather embarrass their owners in some parking lot.

Kevin

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the pointers, figures I can’t go look at it now but I’ll pass the VIN on to see if anyone can tell. The original option code list is in the car too, wish I took a picture of it.

I figure the aftermarket keyless entry is bypassing the convenience up/down with the door locks as I’ve read a few places here, but who knows. If I need a new module I’ll just buy one when I figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
the CF window open/close feature is pretty touchy even when it does work. to open the windows, the car has to be locked, and you have to turn the key to the unlock position and hold it there for a couple seconds before the windows start to open. if its already unlocked, nothing will happen. ditto, to close the windows, the car has to be unlocked when you turn and hold the key in the locked position for several seconds before they go up. if the switch in the key mechanism is dirty and bounces, it won't work.

·
Premium Member
10,096 Posts
The micro switch that's mounted on the key cylinder is easy to take off and depress...you should hear a clicking sound coming from the engine bay when you depress it. The convenience modules can fail in any number of ways while still affording you some open/close features.

Kevin

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the feedback, I’ll look through everything more thoroughly when I get back to SD. I bought a whole bunch of goodies for her already I’ll need to attend to anyway.
Does anyone know if LaJolla audio still can obtain Rainbow speakers?

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Thanks for the pointers, figures I can’t go look at it now but I’ll pass the VIN on to see if anyone can tell. The original option code list is in the car too, wish I took a picture of it.

I figure the aftermarket keyless entry is bypassing the convenience up/down with the door locks as I’ve read a few places here, but who knows. If I need a new module I’ll just buy one when I figure it out.

number (VIN):WDB1240261B652641
Vehicle model:260 E
Order number:0170439711
Production number:6191451
Production plant:P0500
Shipment date:11.14.91
Codes
175AMB-TEX CREMEBEIGE
221LEFT FRONT SEAT, ELECTRICALLY ADJUSTABLE
222RIGHT FRONT SEAT, ELECTRICALLY ADJUSTABLE
240OUTSIDE TEMPERATURE INDICATOR
280LEDERLENKRAD UND LEDERSCHALTHEBEL
340ADDITIONAL 3RD STOP LAMP
412ELECTRIC TILTING/SLIDING ROOF IN STEEL VERSION
4204-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
430HEADRESTS IN THE REAR
440TEMPOMAT (CRUISE CONTROL)
441UIMPALA
442DRIVER S AIRBAG
444CODE VORLAEUFIG UNGUELTIG
461INSTRUMENT WITH MILEAGE READING READING AND ENGLISH LETTERING
491US version
524PAINTCOAT PRESERVATION
543SUN VISORS WITH VANITY MIRRORS, ILLUMINATED
570FOLDING ARMREST FRONT
581AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROL
584ELECTRIC WINDOW LIFTERS, FRONT AND REAR DOORS
588KOMBICODE: 581+584
593GREEN HEAT-INSUL. GLASS, ALL-AR., HEATED REAR WINDOW PANE, BAND FILTER
611COURTESY LAMPS IN DOORS (W202 FRONT DOORS ONLY)
634ELIMINATION OF FIRST AID BOX
636ELIMINATION OF WARNING TRIANGLE
639634 + 636
64015-HOLE LIGHT ALLOY WHEELS
757BECKER RADIO GRAND PRIX 2000 - USA
802MODEL YEAR 1992
814ACTIVE BASS LOUDSPEAKER SYSTEM
916COOLING OF ENGINE BEARING FOR HOT COUNTRIES

HUH, I don't see the CF feature??!?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
number (VIN):WDB1240261B652641
Vehicle model:260 E
Order number:0170439711
Production number:6191451
Production plant:P0500
Shipment date:11.14.91
Codes
175AMB-TEX CREMEBEIGE
221LEFT FRONT SEAT, ELECTRICALLY ADJUSTABLE
222RIGHT FRONT SEAT, ELECTRICALLY ADJUSTABLE
240OUTSIDE TEMPERATURE INDICATOR
280LEDERLENKRAD UND LEDERSCHALTHEBEL
340ADDITIONAL 3RD STOP LAMP
412ELECTRIC TILTING/SLIDING ROOF IN STEEL VERSION
4204-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
430HEADRESTS IN THE REAR
440TEMPOMAT (CRUISE CONTROL)
441UIMPALA
442DRIVER S AIRBAG
444CODE VORLAEUFIG UNGUELTIG
461INSTRUMENT WITH MILEAGE READING READING AND ENGLISH LETTERING
491US version
524PAINTCOAT PRESERVATION
543SUN VISORS WITH VANITY MIRRORS, ILLUMINATED
570FOLDING ARMREST FRONT
581AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROL
584ELECTRIC WINDOW LIFTERS, FRONT AND REAR DOORS
588KOMBICODE: 581+584
593GREEN HEAT-INSUL. GLASS, ALL-AR., HEATED REAR WINDOW PANE, BAND FILTER
611COURTESY LAMPS IN DOORS (W202 FRONT DOORS ONLY)
634ELIMINATION OF FIRST AID BOX
636ELIMINATION OF WARNING TRIANGLE
639634 + 636
64015-HOLE LIGHT ALLOY WHEELS
757BECKER RADIO GRAND PRIX 2000 - USA
802MODEL YEAR 1992
814ACTIVE BASS LOUDSPEAKER SYSTEM
916COOLING OF ENGINE BEARING FOR HOT COUNTRIES

HUH, I don't see the CF feature??!?
Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if I found the oddball car of 1992, that’s my .02.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
4 Participants
JoeyManhattan
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing