Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is my offset 20mm? People who want to sell thier rims badly claim I can use spacers; Is it true?-cy

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
Is my offset 20mm? People who want to sell thier rims badly claim I can use spacers; Is it true?-cy
With most wheels you can use 15-30mm offset without problems. With the wider wheels in back, you want a lower offset... 10" works well with 15-20mm of offset.

Most other models of Mercedes use a much higher offset, so that's why there are a lot of wheels for sale with the higher offset. You could use spacers to move the wheels out, but remember you have a 2000kg car and using spacers to hold it up is putting a lot of stress on the elongated (weaker) lugs. I really do not recommend it for this configuration. A 5mm or 10mm spacer on a C-class is one thing... and probably OK. But a 15mm-20mm spacer on an SL... probably not a good idea.

-s-

·
Registered
9 Posts
Years ago I had a muscle car with spacers on the rims. It was almost impossible to keep th...

Years ago I had a muscle car with spacers on the rims. It was almost impossible to keep them on tight enough.

On one occasion I saw the lugs go passing me on the hwy (gulp) and on more than one I snapped the bolts.

I'm not in favour of spacers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts