1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1991 SL300
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,
This is my first post,

Finally I'm a proud owner of my first MB ever, .

I purchased the car in an action; overall there's nothing wrong with the car except the entire driver's side door is crashed in and will need to be replaced.

I assume any r129 body style will do, I also assume I should be able to transfer the key hole lock from the crashed door to the donor door as well.

I would appreciate your expert advice as to if my two assumptions above are correct.
For the same token I'd appreciate any referrals for places to acquire the entire driver side door.

Regards

·
Registered
2005 SLK350, 91 300SL with Pano Top, 04 S500, 2015 Tesla Model S
2,085 Posts
I have a complete door available also but the shipping cost would be prohibitive. I wouldn't even know who whould ship such an item. On the other hand, I am closer to Chicago than LA (location of the Ebay item)

·
Registered
2007 CLS63
235 Posts
I assume any r129 body style will do, I also assume I should be able to transfer the key hole lock from the crashed door to the donor door as well.

I would appreciate your expert advice as to if my two assumptions above are correct.
For the same token I'd appreciate any referrals for places to acquire the entire driver side door.

Regards
Yes it will work, I did same recently on my. I know place in LA that has doors but I drove there to pick it up. If you don't find anything close pm me for contact info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts