Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1991 560 SEL black/black
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm in the process of installing the motor back into my '91 W126, replaced front & rear crank seal, valve stem seals & upper oil pan seal - I have it back in and the throttle system is mostly complete but I feel like there are some springs missing - the spring on the shaft which goes into the firewall is there but any other springs any between the main shaft and throttle body? Is there one from the throttle body arm to the intake manifold somewhere? I also snapped the reference sensor wire (sits above the vibration dampner?), I have the new one but not sure where it connects...into cabin?

One more question - had the trans rebuilt when it was out, what fluid would be recommended? I don't need to fill the torque convertor, correct? It fills itself?

Thanks - I'll get some pics next time I'm in garage,
Sam

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,992 Posts
There is a spring on the TB that goes to the IM. There is a tab that the spring hooks to.

Part Number: 117 993 03 10

I am also in the process of swapping my engine in my 1991 SEC, however mine is a US to Euro conversion. Look up the "Holy Euro Motor Swap Batman" thread and you will see detailed pics of my engine in its various states.

PM me your email and I will point you to the manuals.

M

·
Registered
1987 420SEL
1,133 Posts
TC fills itself; fill the transmission with the recommended amount of fluid for a fill w/o TC, and then warm it up and check. Fill accordingly.

You will not harm anything by doing it this way, and it's easy to keep an eye on the level.

What reference sensor? TPS? That has its own connector, which ties into the engine harness.

AMSOil is excellent fluid for about $90 a fill, and Mobil 1 ATF is for those of us without money to burn @ ~$25-$35 a fill.

·
Registered
1991 560 SEL black/black
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sensor

The sensor sits above the vibration dampener and I believe it goes back into cabin but not sure - Is this the crankshaft position sensor (reference sensor is above flywheel and connects to Ignition Control Module?). At the other end of this sensor wire is a female 3-prong plug.

One more quesiton - there is what looks like a sensor fitting (threaded) on the rear of the throttle body housing - is this for the brake booster hose or some kind of sensor?
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts