Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello , probably there is some kind of post like this , but i cant find it .
i have 1990 560 sec , i want to put electronic one , like newer once have , i need to move that to put double din stereo , any suggestions ?? ?? ? ?

would really appriciate

·
Registered
too many
2,134 Posts
I think you are better off taking out the ashtray and using that and the existing stereo location for your project.

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
40,707 Posts
hello , probably there is some kind of post like this , but i cant find it .
i have 1990 560 sec , i want to put electronic one , like newer once have , i need to move that to put double din stereo , any suggestions ?? ?? ? ?

would really appriciate
I am not sure whether it has been done.

Have you tried a forum search? The archive has a wealth of information.

Please click 'User CP' on the top tool bar, and complete your profile with a location and model of your car.
It makes it easier for members to offer advice. MB produced different, and region / Country specific versions of our cars.

Welcome, to take advantage of all the forum features, please re visit the 'Welcome to the Forum' tutorial sticky on top of the W126 page, as well as the two DIY stickies.
It will show how to search the forum (3 words min.), and has a link to the Russian MB site where you can run a VIN#.
Cheers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,194 Posts
Lots of tuners, including AMG, Duchatelet, SGS, etc., made modifications to the center console back in the '80s to fit more stereo components.

However, they started with a car with the ACC. You'll have to convert your car from manual controls to ACC. I think that is more trouble than it's worth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts