Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes 1990 560 SEC
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SEC runs very rough

My sec runs very rough for the first 10-15 minutes from a cold start. I tried to get a reading from the x11 connector but all I can get in the battery reading of 12.7. When you look at the engine at start up it is VERY shakey for the first 10-15 minutes. I have noticed that the clutch on the air pump CLICKS on and off even after the first 30 seconds. I dont think it is supossed to do that. This makes me think I have an electrical problem. While the engine is rough idling during the first 10-15 minutes. The CHECK engine light inside the car flickers on and off. When I check the FAULT code in the engine compartment, the fault code light flickers on and off very fast, and you cannot count the times it flashes , it is so fast. After the first 10-15 minutes the fault code blinks 1 time indicating that there is NO fault. After 10-15 minutes on the road the car idles just fine. If I take the car out on the road during the first 10-15 minutes the car runs just great if it is anything above an idle. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank You.....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts