Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1990 500SL
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me where I can order a new engine cover for my car?? Its the black plastic cover over top the engine that clips on and off (See picture attached). Mine is getting cracked and worn as well the mercedes star in the middle of it has shrunk and isnt fitting on properly anymore.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1991 500SL
140 Posts
I've seen a couple of them on Ebay. If you go to the dealer you will not like the price. There are also one or two members here with custom ones, but I'm not sure if they are a "one of" thing or if there is a company out there that makes them. You could also go to a recycler, there are a couple sites listed on this forum in the threads.

Just be carefull to make sure they are the same part # as yours. I know the newer ones have a screen inside, but I'm not sure if there is any other difference.

Here's one that was recently posted on a thread.

http://www.fresnosilverstarrecycling.com/inv-mercedes/r129.html

·
Administrator
1998 Pano SL500; 1993 SL500; 2005 ML270cdi
8,740 Posts
A breakers yard would be the cheapest option if you can track one down.

Looking at that brownish dust over the engine probably means that the bonnet/hood pad needs replacing too.

·
Registered
1990 500SL
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A breakers yard would be the cheapest option if you can track one down.

Looking at that brownish dust over the engine probably means that the bonnet/hood pad needs replacing too.
Thanks for the replies guys. The pick I added was just one I got off the internet not my car. I would not ever let my car get that gross I was just to lazy to take my own pic.

·
Premium Member
95 SL500, K&N, NEOKEN Ported TB, Custom Intake, RENNtech Sport Exhaust, AMG I Monoblocks
10,980 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts