Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1970 280SEL, 1986 420SEL, 2002 C280
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nobody has ever responded to any of my questions so I figured Id try again. I have a 1990 500SL. It had a rough idle and a misfire on one cyl. I did the brake parts cleaner test around the intake and found that there was a intake leak around the 2nd cyl up from the drivers side (I am assuming that is cyl #7) So I replaced the intake manifold gasket and all of the little hoses associated with that job, I put it all back together and I still have a slight air leak on that cyl (a small vacuum leak isnt my biggest concern right now). I also figured id try swapping my regulator with my 420SEL... still no difference. However if I loosen one cyl at a time from the top of the fuel dist they all puddle up at the top of the hose EXCEPT that one. I am not familiar with the inner workings of a fuel distributor however I was considering buying a rebuilt one and read in the manual that cyl #7 may go out due to low fuel pressure (is that even cyl #7), has anybody ever heard of that? I dunno what direction to go, what is the proper pressure and where is the best place to take a reading? Before or after the regulator? In addition, if I richen the mixture on the tower that cyl starts working and I can get a puddle but its WAY too rich and I start getting dizzy... so I dunno replace fuel pumps? Replace fuel distributor? What am I looking for? Could there possibly be more?

I would appreciate ANY response.

Also Replaced:
-Oxygen Sensor
-Idle Control Valve
-Caps, Rotors, Plugs & Wires
-Injectors, Cups, Seals, Hoses
-Fuel Filter
-Springs, Shocks & Struts
-Power Steering Pump
-Fan Belt
-Misc Bushings

·
Registered
1991 R129 500SL
1,822 Posts
Hello alexsystems,

If you scroll down further the discussion forums, you'll see the MB Roadster forums, R129 subforum, try posting the question there.

Chicky

·
Premium Member
95 SL500, K&N, NEOKEN Ported TB, Custom Intake, RENNtech Sport Exhaust, AMG I Monoblocks
10,980 Posts
If you scroll down further the discussion forums, you'll see the MB Roadster forums, R129 subforum, try posting the question there.
Agreed, you will probably receive a better response within the confines of the R129 community. :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts