Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1990 300e w/ 86K
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I need help. I was out of town for a while and my 1990 300e 3.0l wasn't started for about 4-6 weeks. I tried to start it today and the engine turned over sluggishly a few times and then stopped. I tried one more time to turn it over and wouldn't, then the doors locked. So I unlocked them but in the center console there is a little light that started flashing red and green. I have never seen this light flashing before. I then tried to jump start the car but it won't turn over. The doors also keep randomly locking themselves. The battery is only about 3 years old. What is going on?

1. I tried disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting it(this made the light blink red only for a bit) before jump starting.

2. I tried locking and unlocking from driver and passenger side as well as trunk and the light is still going.

Please help....

Thanks,
Todd

·
W124 Moderator
86 190E 2.3L 16V, 2 95 320TE's, 02 S500
12,821 Posts
I've never seen a factory red/green light in a W124 or any light that flashes besides the hazard switch and blinker indicators. Something tells me you have an aftermarket alarm system on the car. Correct? If so, that will be the root of your problem.

Jayare

·
Registered
1990 300e w/ 86K
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jayare,
This being only my second Mercedes and the first one being from the early 70's I am finding I have a lot to learn. It was an after market immobilizer by Seco Larm which I had not known was there. Deep in the driver's side footwell I found a small switch and was able to set it to the off position and start her up. Next step is to completely remove it.

Thanks again,
Todd

1 - 4 of 4 Posts