Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1990 190
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, been trying to get my parents old 190e running. It sat for quite a few years after it developed a rough idle. At this point I have replaced battery, plugs, plug wires, rotor, cap, all the vacuum lines I can find, fuel pump, fuel filter, injector sleeves and orings, injector seals, idle control valve hoses, cleaned the icv, eha and ovp seem good. Compression numbers look ok and I see no mixing of oil and coolant.

It still has a pretty bad misfire under acceleration or revving and the rpm's drop to around 500 in drive or reverse. There is also intermittent smoke that is sometimes white and sometimes blueish white. Only thing I can think of at this point is valve seals or the injectors themselves. If anyone has any suggestions or can point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated!

Alex

An

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz
1,113 Posts
Crack the lines coming out the top of the fuel distributor to see if you're getting flow to each of the injectors. Fuel should pool up and squirt when the line is loosened. Only use a flare wrench on them because they're made of soft metal and will round off on you. If all six check out then pull the injectors one at a time and see if they're squirting nicely or just dribbling.

·
Registered
1989 W124 260E
1,114 Posts
You will need to use 2 spaners one on the injector the other on the nut holding the hard line .Fail to do this and you will fracture the injector bracket that holds the injector in to the manifold ..Ask my why i know this ..//

·
Registered
1990 190
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cracked the lines at the distributor, I had 2 lines that released air before fuel came out. Went back yesterday to check some things and now the car is not starting again..

·
Registered
1989 W124 260E
1,114 Posts
. Normaly after its been running ,, if you crack open one hard line fuel should come out right away till pressure is lost .Did you check fuel presure ? . Put some fuel in the metering unit after you remove the air box, abd see if it starts and runs that way .Also if its been standing so long all old fuel should have been removed .Any crap thats formed over time in the fuel tank - like glue and wax will get in ti the injection system to jam it up. Fit a new fuel filter first ,after fuel is removed .

·
Registered
1992 W201 1.8 Automatic
40 Posts
I'm not sure if this document will help troubleshoot your problem CIS
Admittedly, I'm no Merc expert... but maybe take a look at page 14 "FUEL DELIVERY & SYSTEM PRESURES"
hope that helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts