Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1999 C43/55 AMG, 2009 e93 328i, 1989 560SEL
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I've been having an issue with my becker grand prix radio, I havent been able to find anything like this online.
The issue is that the radio screen works, and the tape deck accepts cassettes, but there is no sound, and the radio screen doesn't change.
It displays an FM channel and some of the lights work, but there is no sound. Pressing the On or Off buttons does not change the display at all.
Part of me is wondering if it could have something to do with the low temperatures (-7c) my area has been experiencing. I am already planning to replace the relays this weekend as they are.... Original.
Any of you guys ever seen an issue like this before?

·
1991 500SEC sub 50K mi. 1987 560SEC Now 150K mi. 2018
4,017 Posts
Hi there,

I have not had those issues you cite, but were it me, I think I'd contact Becker Auto Sound directly & see about having it refurbished.. maybe with an additional input for modern sound source.

·
Registered
89 560SEC
59 Posts
You could try pulling the stereo out and popping the faceplate off, maybe a connection between the faceplate and internals is messed up
only other option would probably be to send it to BeckerAutoSound.com and have them repair it for $200. good news is they can remove the security lockout feature completely (and also add AUX / bluetooth for extra cost)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts