Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i m looking at my neiborgh 560 sec .its black on black with 7800 original miles and lorinser package factory install ,he wants to sell it but dont know how much ,anybody have clue?

·
Registered
88,560 SEC & SEL Euros, 06 S-500, 06 SRT8 Magnum
246 Posts
With only 7,800 original miles its a collectors dream offer him $100,000.00 US. Have to see more details and photos to make a better answer?
Does it look as good as this one?

MBGary

Attachments

·
Registered
W126C AMG 6.0
846 Posts
I'm sure a black on black Lorinser 560SEC with 7800 miles looks just as good, maybe even better, than a white 560SEC with AMG side skirts & rear bumper with high offset AMG replica wheels... [;)]

·
Registered
86 560SEL
1,324 Posts
I'd be afraid that all the moving parts are not moving enough in all these years. Seventeen years old and how often does he change the oil?

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Personally, that car would be good for a museum.. It's going to take a good bit of $$ to get everything in order that needs to be. Every thing rubber will be tired, I'm sure the fuel system will be gummed up in some form or another.. I would also be very worried about rust in the tank. As well as all the rubber bits aging/drying out..

Ideally I'd like to see around 40-60K on one of these cars.

Jonathan

·
Registered
246 Posts
Are you sure about this milage, please post some photos $35,000.00 CDN? seems reasonable if all the service records are intack. Question: Is you neighbour the original owner. My photo of my 560 SEC Euro posted is appraised at $29,995.00 CDN has 64,414 Klms, and I would not sell or trade it for anything out there?, and that also includes a 2003-05 E 55 AMG that I'm looking for as a second ride! Some would say I'm an Idiot, but you have to own and drive a w126 SEC Euro to appreciate them. Every place I go I get a stream of interest.

MBGary

·
Registered
246 Posts
To EuroCoupe Question:

I was always on the impression that during the 1986-1991 SEC vintage that AMG was a company in the US that offered after market cloan package's that represented the MB Euro pkgs that were provided as original MB options. I myself prefer all original Euro MB options as to the US AMG after market options. Granted MB did eventially buy out AMG US. I believe sometime in the mid 90s, now you can get any MB with a AMG package.

MBGary

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
It’s senseless to speculate on price w/o seeing pics – as noted above the low miles is a real drawback; if it were 78,000 miles, otoh, it might be a real find.

·
Registered
84 300TD, 2005 CDI, 2006 CLS55
1,041 Posts
EuroCoupe - 4/11/2005 3:37 PM

I'm sure a black on black Lorinser 560SEC with 7800 miles looks just as good, maybe even better, than a white 560SEC with AMG side skirts & rear bumper with high offset AMG replica wheels... [;)]
AMEN[^]

·
Registered
W126C AMG 6.0
846 Posts
I was always on the impression that during the 1986-1991 SEC vintage that AMG was a company in the US that offered after market cloan package's that represented the MB Euro pkgs that were provided as original MB options. I myself prefer all original Euro MB options as to the US AMG after market options. Granted MB did eventially buy out AMG US. I believe sometime in the mid 90s, now you can get any MB with a AMG package.
I'm not aware of AMG NA making any factory euro replica kits but I could be wrong. They had their own line of body styling and engine tuning that MB respected and eventually implemented into their lineup in 1993 when they bought out AMG corporate in Affalterbach, which eventually closed AMG North America, AMG Canada, and AMG Japan. Your car's previous owner either opted not to get the front bumper or more commonly, cracked it beyond repair and replaced it with a factory late-style euro bumper.

·
Registered
88 560SL/89 560SEL
20 Posts
I have a friend who does lots of restoration work. He told me that the majority of things to be replaced or fixed are due to the vehical sitting for long periods of time, not due to wear.

·
Registered
1987 420 SEL
2,090 Posts
Hey nitchel12. A couple of questions to ponder:

1. Does your neighbor own other cars?
2. Did you ever see your neighbor driving the car?
3. Any reason why he wasn't driving the car?
4. Has it been garaged?
5. Was your neighbor bed-ridden?

Not trying to be funny but when you look at the amount of miles on the car. It's kind of scary. In 17 years the car has averaged only 458 miles a year. 38 miles a month. 1 mile a day. Based on the 560's mileage, the car has barely moved. Not saying that it's impossible, but I would be asking all kinds of questions as to why the car wasn't being driven. Especially based on the description that you have given so far.

·
Registered
1987 420 SEL
2,090 Posts
Hey nitchel12. A couple of questions to ponder:

1. Does your neighbor own other cars?
2. Did you ever see your neighbor driving the car?
3. Any reason why he wasn't driving the car?
4. Has it been garaged?
5. Was your neighbor bed-ridden?

Not trying to be funny but when you look at the amount of miles on the car. It's kind of scary. In 17 years the car has averaged only 458 miles a year. 38 miles a month. 1 mile a day. Based on the 560's mileage, the car has barely moved. Not saying that it's impossible, but I would be asking all kinds of questions as to why the car wasn't being driven. Especially based on the description that you have given so far.

·
AMG Forums Moderator
SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
3,288 Posts
If the body is in equivalent condition, i'd pay 35k for it.

·
Registered
560 SEL, 190 E
16 Posts
Schmohey - 4/12/2005 9:50 PM

Just curious, where the heck does he keep 23 cars? He must be rich or something...
Hillbillys often have 23 rusted hulks scattered over the front dirt. [:D] This one does sound a bit more legit though.

·
Registered
1983 Euro 500SEC AMG, 83 SEC custom convertible, 2x 84 500SEC, 02 w203coupe, euro 1985 300d
1,579 Posts
my us 380 sec (now a convertible) when i bought it in 1999 had 78000 original miles (documented on the title and the service, or lack there of) and it was a second owner car---but the milage can be decieving because the the reason i purchaced mine for 1,700$ was that the guy never changed the oil and the timing chain let go---which is surprising because everything else was replaced maintenancewise???? be careful on this one if it is 7800 miles

1 - 20 of 20 Posts