Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have no vacuum line going to the transmission and based on my reading it should be connecting to the intake manifold. I have been unable to find a vacuum diagram which I can understand but believe the current connection to the intake manifold may be incorrect. Can anyone tell me if the connection to the intake manifold from the transmission is shared or is it a direct single line?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Direct line. It goes to the very back right corner of the intake manifold when facing the engine.

Intake manifold -> drivers side vacuum modulator. Should be easy to correct. Without it, you'll have a myriad of shifting irregularities.

If when connected its still acting funny, get a vac gauge on it and ensure its to spec do a search for the mmHg, its different for each 722.3xx/4xx version.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
My mistake, top left!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Incredible. Attached correctly and shifting smooth as silk. The vacuum line from the intake manifold had been incorrectly routed to the throttle body. Now the throttle body vacuum line is connected (correctly I hope) to the air cleaner breather hose. Running like a champ. Thank you for that.

·
Premium Member
5,454 Posts
Another happy ending. Great! Isn't it strange that hooking things up the way they're supposed to be has good results?

Tell us about your 88. I'm always interested to hear what other people have, color and option-wise.

When I was searching for my first TE some years back the "one that got away" was an 88 (what else) located in North Jersey. Light green metallic with a mushroom leather interior and low miles to boot. When I called about it the salesman was totally obnoxious, telling me it was sold and hanging up. The car continued to be listed online for weeks though. Weird.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Picked up this yellowish 88 about 4 years ago with 240,000 miles for $800. Now has 324,000 and have replaced tranny, rebuilt top end, all new suspension. About $5000 now invested and pleased as punch. Don't know much about options on this vehicle but have plans to try and lubricate the blower motor next. Rather squeaky. Central Idaho mountains can be a bit cold and snowy in the winter and a peaceful interior with plenty of heat really will top things off. Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As an aside, I'd love to find another one for my wife. The later models with 4matics would be nice but have heard lots of horror stories about those earlier trannys. Have a great TurkeyDay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts