Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about a month ago, i found this car for $500 bucks. Ran ok, but battery was shot and was sitting for 3 years or something crazy.
body is way above average for its age if you look past the paints clearcoat fading.
nogo for the blower for interior climate control
one window switch i think is bad, gas guage does not work. power seats all work, all other windows work, door locks not sure. no radio.
no leaks, solid front end, drives pretty good. one door strap is busted. overall this car has minor issues. motor pull strong, car can benefit from a bunch of fluid changes/flushes of course. gave it new plugs. car keeps running better and better the more its used.

ill take some pics and post, unfortunately i didnt get the keep the car for myself, as my sister in law got her car stolen, and needed a solid low cost replacement :(

just figured id share my finding. craigslist rocks!

·
W201, W212, W221, & W222 Moderator
8,422 Posts
Lucky, I'm looking all over Texas state and it's nothing but junk for a lot of cash.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Nice find! Pictures?

Could always get it back from your sister in law once she gets another car.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Caigslist is awsome!

That is where I found all of my cars, best find so far was my E320 for 200$! It had a bad transmission, and some other issues, but those have been repaired.

·
66,894 Posts
yep Craiglist is awesome. I found my 190E and bought it for 800 and the 400E for dirt cheap. The only problem with the 190E was that stalling saga. I don't know what the 400 has for me

·
W201, W212, W221, & W222 Moderator
8,422 Posts
yep Craiglist is awesome. I found my 190E and bought it for 800 and the 400E for dirt cheap. The only problem with the 190E was that stalling saga. I don't know what the 400 has for me
So you snagged that 400E? Nice!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Plenty of deals to be had on Benzes. Problem, or should I say benefit to us, is that most of the time they cost thousands to fix, and people will not spend the coin to do so. If your fairly handy you can fix most of the issues easily. People do not realize the countless places to buy aftermarket parts for them to keep cost down. Plus people think omg, it's a "Benz", no one but Mercedes can fix it. I've purchased several really cheap ones. Latest is an 84 190D that needed a new timming chain. Guy was quoted 2200.00 to do the job. Parts cost me just under 175 for everything.

Rick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts