Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been loving my 560 — just drove it out from NY to Detroit — but unfortunately I can't trace an intermittent stalling issue.

Sometimes it happens 10 minutes after a cold start, sometimes it doesn't happen at all, and a few times it's tried to stall on me on the highway. The tach jumps around and then quickly stalls out. When I first got the car it happened very frequently (every drive), and my shop checked and replaced some leaky fuel injectors along with a few other things, and the stalling became much less frequent -- but still there.

Lots of reading on similar problems has pointed to the EGR valve. I tested to see if it held vacuum with a handheld pump - and it did not - so I'm going to replace it.
However, I can't find the right part anywhere (autohausaz, peachparts, rockauto, etc)...

Has anybody had luck finding and replacing this part? Or resolving a similar issue?

Cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might be the fuel pump relay.
I'll look into some bench testing on the relay. But since the EGR is leaking vacuum I'll start with that (y) — I just need to source the part.

Is it possible to bypass the EGR entirely by plugging the vacuum line and seeing if the stalling goes away?

·
Registered
21 Posts
A jumping tach more likely means an ignition system fault. I really doubt the EGR is going to cause that, especially as the EGR valve (on most cars IMHO) opens to allow exhaust into the intake manifold, during cruise. I'd suspect a contaminated electrical connection somewhere.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A jumping tach more likely means an ignition system fault. I really doubt the EGR is going to cause that, especially as the EGR valve (on most cars IMHO) opens to allow exhaust into the intake manifold, during cruise. I'd suspect a contaminated electrical connection somewhere.
Somebody brought up that point before -- i'll do my homework on common ignition system faults

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
jreina
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing