Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi-
I did search the forum for my answer before deciding to post, and could not find my answer.

My passenger mirror was not working ('87 420 SEL) so I took the center console off where the switch is.... I noticed that the 6 wires had come loose and out of the switch assembly which attaches to the switch (or perhaps the previous owner disconnected them... i am not sure.... I soaked the switch really well in contact cleaner, so now i want to see if i can get the mirror working and determine if the switch is bad...

my question is, i am not sure which wires go where (1,2,3,4,5,6)
see attached photo..... I just need to know which color wire goes into which hole.

thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I tried uploading a pdf file for you to view, but it wouldn't let me for some reason. Send me your email and I can send it to you.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
It appears to be close to 50MB, so email isn't working either. Its on the service CDs, do you have those?

·
Premium Member
4,067 Posts
my question is, i am not sure which wires go where (1,2,3,4,5,6)
see attached photo..... I just need to know which color wire goes into which hole.

thanks in advance.

I wrote that information down when I was working on swapping out the driver's mirror last summer.

I've got the information in my rather large W126 file, so, if you can bear with me, I can get the information out in a day or two.

·
Premium Member
4,067 Posts
Here's what my notes state:

Plug 1: Black
Plug 2: Brown x2
Plug 3: Gray/Pink
Plug 4: White
Plug 5: Gray
Plug 6: Red/Black x2

The driver's mirror is only heated and there are only two wires going to the driver's door; a Red/Black and a Brown.

The passenger mirror gets the same Red/Black and Brown for heating and the Black, the White, the Gray/Pink and the Gray are for the mirror movement motors.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I check the disc:

1. Bk
2. Br x2
3. Gy/Bu/Pk
4. Wt
5. Gy
6. Gy/Pk (only 91 model)
Bk/Rd

See what you got there.