Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
Mercedes/BMW/Ferrari
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have a 1986 560 sec STRAMAN convertible and looking for a top latch pump or rebuilder. This is the short pump above the brake pedal that latches the top closed. I can't find any part number on the thing.
or
I prefer my w124 cab manual latch, has anyone converted to a manual style latch assembly like on the w124.
Please help...

·
Premium Member
Mercedes/BMW/Ferrari
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
actually its not a pump its a hydraulic cylinder similiar to what is used on the r129 sl but this one uses brake line style hydraulic fittings instaed of the push in style. Its about 10.5 inches long with the ram fully extended, 7.5 inches long with the ram fully retracted. Diameter is about 2.5 inches.Straman definately did his research part is dated 7/1987 so it lasted 23years through 4 owners. I took it to the local convertible top shop today he said it looks like a domestic hydraulic top cylinder. Considering these were expensive cars back in the day I expect straman needed something very reliable. I had a 67 ford mustang for years and the powerconvertible topwas the mosttrouble free item on the car so i'm thinking ford.

If anyone has a part number or a a Straman convertibe willing to check I would really appreciate it

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
14,158 Posts
Wow, unusual car. Hopefully someone will be able to help you. Havent had one on here before as far as i know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts