Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a pristine 1986 500SL (European car). Need manuals (owner, shop,...) preferably in English. Anyone got any idea how to get these?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Jon,<br> <br> I have an '84 500SL, also European of course. I have the original German language owner's manual and an English language one from the '84 380SL. Reading the two together gives a pretty fair idea of what's going on. Let me know if you would like xerox or scanned copies of either or both.<br> <br> As far as I know, there are no English language manuals for the 500SL.<br> <br> Jim Sweeny<br> Pittsbirgh, PA

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: 1986 500SL manual

Jim,<br> Your offer is thankfully accepted. My email is [email protected] We can exchange emails on how to transfer...several options: email w/ attached files, put file of scanned in manuals on Gnutella or Music City or other file sharing service, or good ol' US post office.<br> <br> Thanks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1987 560SL manual - ac controls

I'm looking for a shop manual for a 1987 560SL. Would you where these are available. I'm specifically interested in some of the AC controls and how the air is diverted from the defroster to the center vents in the dash. does the manual that you have for your car explain this. Thanks in advance. <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: 1986 500SL manual

I have a Euro '84 500SL... the manual I have for it is in English. <br> <br> The cover is blue, with 'Owner's Manual' and<br> lists 280SL, 380SL, 500SL. The back has the following:<br> <br> 107 584 96 96<br> 6550 5580 02 - 7.86 5.0 Re<br> <br> Daimler-Benz AF Stuttgart-Untertukheim<br> Zentralkundendienst<br> <br> It this is what you're looking for I'd be glad to share... if I can figure out how to do it :)<br> <br> Email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SL 107 Manual available for all years and models!

You can get a CD ROM Manual called 'The 107 Service Manual Library' which includes the info for the Euro models. I don't know where else but I do know you can get one at http://www.mercedesshop.com and they have a most excellent technical help forum that covers the 107 SL's and even has a discussion forum dedicated to them! Professional technicians moderate the forums.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: SL 107 Manual available for all years and models!

I bought a cd version, it is hard to use a terrible program, no way to do a search for an item which should be simple on a computer.<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: SL 107 Manual available for all years and models!

I am interested in a manual for the 1977 slc<br> <br> <br> Thank You<br> Sharon

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: 1977 280 slc euro

I am in the process of rebldg. this car I no nothing about it. Are there any opinions regarding this auto. It set in pasture for 4-5 years when I purchased. It has the straight 6 twin over head cam eng, auto transmission, sun roof<br> <br> any information on this vehicle much appreciated

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jim <br> <br> I have also just purchased an 82 euro 500sl and could not find manuals anywhere, if you could help me out by providing a copy it would be very much appreciated. The only problem is that I am in Australia, but if you could contact me by EMail so we could work something out that it would be great, as I don't have very much info on the car and it's my fist Mercedes.<br> <br> Regards <br> <br> Damian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts