Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1986 Mercedes 300 SDL Turbo Diesel
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have an 86 SDL that is almost perfect condition with the small exception of a non-working sunroof just curious if anyone is aware of any usual suspects to look for before I start taking it apart. It's does not appear to be a fuse and the sunroof seems like it isn't "set" right. It has a good seal and there is no water leakage however when driving down the highway or when pressing lightly against it it will lift up and you can see daylight. I also just turned 250,000 miles on her last week and want to get her certified any suggestions on how to do this or is it just as easy as going to the MB dealership locally? Thanks in advance - Brad

·
Registered
1989 Mercedes Benz 560SEL
25 Posts
i have the same problem in my '89. except mine is stuck up just enough in the back to let light shine through. havent figured out the root cause of it yet. if u have any luck PM me.

·
Registered
1989 Mercedes Benz 560SEL
25 Posts
broken parts

i went out and played around with the sunroof and this is what i found laying inside the roof space..

[/URL][/IMG]

i pulled it out because thats what was keeping my sunroof open..

and this was also broken inside.
my roof probably wont function again without some serious repairs and parts, but my first worry was getting it closed so rain wouldnt leak through.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts