Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all
New to the site hoping to get some help.
I just bought an 86 190D with 248000 kms on it.
I want to replace the headlight assemblies as they are cracked, which is about $95 per side.
I would like headlight covers to protect the investment, but can't find them anywhere for this model.
Incidentally so far I have replaced the windshield and both park brake cables and otherwise it seems like an excellent car.

·
Registered
1991 300SE
1,435 Posts
Hello Benzter, and welcome!

I assume you have euro-style lights on your car. You did mention 248000kms. Where are you located?

Do you want some sort of headlight cover that is extra on top of the glass front covers of your headlights? We may need a little more info as to what you want to do. Let us know.[:)]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Jammerkiller

Apologies for the lack of details. I am in Edmonton Alberta just south of all that tarsand!

The headlights are the standard North American spec halogen sealed beam type. The park light lens is the piece that is pitted and smashed from rocks.

I would like to cover both the headlights and the park light with a plastic cover to protect them.
I was thinking a plastic cover would be easier and cheaper to replace than the assembly.

Any ideas ?

By the way the last of the snow just melted here yesterday!!!

·
Registered
1985 190E 2.3 (Sold)
210 Posts
I dont think GTS carry headlight covers anymore. They used to sell clear or smoked ones.

·
Registered
2002 CL55 AMG, 1993 190E 2.3L, 2004 SLK320 Sport
1,733 Posts
How much did you pay for them from Summit?

·
Registered
1991 W124.128
136 Posts
Hi Benzter,
have a pair of 190 North American head lights for sale. Some crazing in plastic in fog light area - otherwise good condition. Can send you a couple of pixs if interested. I am in Toronto. Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks very much for the offer Wianka, but I have a brother-in-law in The Netherlands who just informed me that he has a line on some Euro lights for me.

If it work out I probably won't even require the covers I asked about at the start of this thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts