Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Newbie here. One side of the rear seat recline not powering. Is this likely the motor or a relay or something else?

Thanks

Just got this one; pics soon to come. 85 500 SEL 94K original, very, very clean (a Florida "Snowbird's" car, garaged six to seven months each year. Pristine leather, dash, everything works (except the rear seat, now). Daily driver now, just love it!:D

Wendell
Bradenton, FL

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,248 Posts
Welcome, to take advantage of all the forum features, please re visit the 'Welcome to the Forum' tutorial sticky on top of the W126 page, as well as the two DIY stickies.
It will show how to search the forum, and even has a link to the Russian MB site where you can run a VIN#. The forum archive has a wealth of information write re your topic.
Good luck

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I'm confused. How does only one side recline? Or is it not a bench seat - do you have buckets? Mine is a bench seat with a metal track. The motor seats in the middle and there's a wire that runs each track side where there is a metal gear that moves the track forward and backward. If you have a bench and only "one side moves" it must be twisting or something and I'd thinking something is caught in that gear.

Or do you mean that the button on one door works and the other button doesn't work? If that's true, most likely the switch in that door.

If either switch works but the seat isn't reclining properly, it is best to take the seat off and have a look without the seats in place. Best of luck!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, Markus, I have the bench and only one side will move. Both buttons activate the seat recline, but only one moves and then stops. I didn't know if there were separate motors for each side, but I've read some here this am and it seems as if there is a twisting or a catching on the left. I'm going to check this out; I'd bet there's just an off track or a twist. It did work when I got the car, but my kids moved it back and forth some and then this happened.

Thanks for responding.

Wendell

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Teutone,

Have read quite a bit already; lots before I even acquired this baby, which is pristine. Thanks again,

wendell

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have the exact same problem with my 560 SEL, left (driver) side hardly bgo back in place. Did'nt figure out yet what is the problem. Waiting some snow to melt a bit and temp. getting more interesting to go out and work on the car..

Good luck, and let us know what you found...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts