Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble getting my heater to work on my new baby. The air direction doors and blower appear to be working properly when you push the respective buttons on the center console, but no heat. There is a circulation motor of some kind and valve on the fire wall in front of the passenger compartment, both hoses are running through these are getting hot. Car temp is running around 80C. This car has not been driven much before I bought it 77K original miles.

Anyone had this problem or have any advice, it's getting cold in Nebraska quickly.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1972 350SL Auto
17 Posts
Be sure the air vent flaps are working. They are held on to the levers by a 10mm nut on th...

Be sure the air vent flaps are working. They are held on to the levers by a 10mm nut on the end of each lever spindle which can work loose. The levers will go up and down but the flaps stay where they are.
To get to these, take of the lower dash covers in the footwell (a few bolts and screws).

·
Registered
1986 LWB 300GD 6-2
64 Posts
Change your Mono Valve, I had the same problem as you.
It's the valve you where refering ...

Change your Mono Valve, I had the same problem as you.
It's the valve you where refering to on the passenger side firewall. You can buy a rebuilt kit for it, take out the 4 screws on top of the valve and exchange insides. DONE ! It's a very comon problem.

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts