Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Mercedes 380 Sl
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I have a 1985 380 Sl, car sat for 12yrs from owner i just purchased it from, the car would not start , the fuel pump was bad. I flushed the tank, replaced the pump and filter, I am still not able to get the engine to fire. I can spray starting fluid car will run for a few seconds.. I am getting fuel to distributor but not to injectors what would be the next best path to follow? The fuel pump is running as I'm cranking the car. I have the main fuel supply hose directly in a gas can so pump can draw from a clean source eliminating fuel tank for test purposes, still will not fire.. didnt know if system must be closed for proper pressure? I also did try cranking car and depressed intake plate and still no fire or any type of the engine trying to start.

·
Registered
1984 380SL
2,333 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you've come to the right place.

You're getting fuel to the engine but not to the injectors? This is common when the car has not run in a long while. The only answer is to disassemble the distributor and lines and clear them individually. Others here have done it, they'll chime in how-to. I was lucky and a heavy dose of Techron fixed me up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts