Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
drive: 1983 300D turbo ======== renovating: 1969 280 SE
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I finally traced down my previous problem with my fuel(apparently I had a fuel filter with a pin-sized hole in it) but now a new problem has "appeared" and in a bad way...

In the process of replacing my fuel pump, I knocked some of the vacuum lines loose....and I need some pics of the vacuum lines, Y's, and tees, coming off of the main vacuum line, and especially the check valve and anything within about 12 inches or so of that and up to the firewall entrance. I think I have the vacuum diagram but I'm unsure of some of these connections.

Also, can anyone tell me if the little white(or orange) connectors are supposed to be blocking vacuum from passing? If not then mine are clogged SOLID and will need to replace them. I'll definitely need know where they went because in the process of trying to put everything back together, I thought they were clogged and replaced them with short pieces of hard vacuum line only to later discover the problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
1989 W124 260E
1,134 Posts
Those conectors are one way only they have a valve that stops vacuum escape from system, Ehrich go to google search page . Look to th top right -you will see images click this and put in the search box - - - Mercedes w123 300T Disel Vacuum Diagram i get this see pic

Attachments

·
Registered
1984 300D
5,065 Posts
Note t
I think I finally traced down my previous problem with my fuel(apparently I had a fuel filter with a pin-sized hole in it) but now a new problem has "appeared" and in a bad way...

In the process of replacing my fuel pump, I knocked some of the vacuum lines loose....and I need some pics of the vacuum lines, Y's, and tees, coming off of the main vacuum line, and especially the check valve and anything within about 12 inches or so of that and up to the firewall entrance. I think I have the vacuum diagram but I'm unsure of some of these connections.

Also, can anyone tell me if the little white(or orange) connectors are supposed to be blocking vacuum from passing? If not then mine are clogged SOLID and will need to replace them. I'll definitely need know where they went because in the process of trying to put everything back together, I thought they were clogged and replaced them with short pieces of hard vacuum line only to later discover the problem.

Thanks
Note tha
Note that #63 in the picture is a restricted orifice. It is just a small plastic piece. On mine it is a reddish brown color.

·
Registered
drive: 1983 300D turbo ======== renovating: 1969 280 SE
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Note t

Note tha
Note that #63 in the picture is a restricted orifice. It is just a small plastic piece. On mine it is a reddish brown color.
I think it's the restricted orifices that were getting me though some
Those conectors are one way only they have a valve that stops vacuum escape from system, Ehrich go to google search page . Look to th top right -you will see images click this and put in the search box - - - Mercedes w123 300T Disel Vacuum Diagram i get this see pic
The ones I'm talking about don't have any form of valve in them, or at least they don't look like they have room for one. I think they're what 300Dman was talking about, restricted orifices. That said, 2 of mine were absolutely clogged so that there was no movement regardless.

I got part of the problem worked out as my vacuum boost line has a completely dead orifice. I have one on order that hopefully will be here in a couple days.

BTW, I've got that diagram but apparently there's quite a bit of difference between the 1985 and earlier models.

·
Registered
1984 300D
5,065 Posts
This is likely to be hard to read.
Vacuum Diagram 1984 CA 1985 Federal
The 2 parts numbered 63 are both restricted fittings.
I think it's the restricted orifices that were getting me though some

The ones I'm talking about don't have any form of valve in them, or at least they don't look like they have room for one. I think they're what 300Dman was talking about, restricted orifices. That said, 2 of mine were absolutely clogged so that there was no movement regardless.

I got part of the problem worked out as my vacuum boost line has a completely dead orifice. I have one on order that hopefully will be here in a couple days.

BTW, I've got that diagram but apparently there's quite a bit of difference between the 1985 and earlier models.
nnn

·
Registered
1984 300D
5,065 Posts
The two number 63s are the inline restricted orifices.

I think it is likely the 2 check valves that the other member was speaking of are right before the tubings go through the fire Wall and are for the locking system. Instead of 2 check valves some have one check valve with 2 nipples on one side and one on the other side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts