Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Mercede Benz 300D Turbo
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1985 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo, 76,000 miles leather seats, sunroof etc. Pristine condition, received as a gift from my son, he was the second owner, the original owner was a little old lady living in Pittsburgh who drove it to the store and back (classic tale) When she died the car had 70,000 miles on it and her grandson sold the car to my son. He drove it cross country to Los Angeles, but because he travels internationally when he gave it to me it had only 75,000 miles. There were some electrical problems that were draining the battery, the mechanic fixed it by disconnecting the trunk light. It ran great and then there was a terrible noise and we stopped driving it. I checked the oil and it looked empty (the oil indicator light had never come on). I have it at a repair shop (supposedly reputable). The mechanic checked the rocker arm but it wasn't the problem, he said he needs to pull the engine to see what kind of damage there is. Said it would cost $2600-2850 to repair the engine, $3500 to replace it. I love this car but don't have the money or time to invest in fixing it. I don't want it salvaged, if you are interested in buying the car and giving it TLC send me your best offer.

·
Registered
1985 300D - 1997 E320 - 2004 E55 - 2007 ML320
812 Posts
Interior Color ? Pics ? Don't take this the wrong way but the W123 didn't have an low oil indicator light. They're old fashioned and had a pressure gauge that actually ran off oil pressure not an electric gauge.

·
Registered
1985 Mercede Benz 300D Turbo
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No offense taken, I thought there might not have been an indicator light but I had said the same thing to the mechanic who didn't correct me. Maybe he was being polite instead of incompetent! Oy vey!

·
Registered
Many MBZ, Couple of 911s, couple of pick ups
758 Posts
pictures

Please post pictures of the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts