Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, does anybody have a decent 85 300d grille for sale? mine's a little beat up thanks mike

·
Registered
1983 300 D turbo
303 Posts
Look on ebay under parts. There are always a few out there, usually not too expensive. If you are talking about the grill insert, how about being real cheap and just paint yours. Mine was looking sad, and I painted it black, but you can paint it the stock color if you want, or any color for that matter (just be tastful[:D]). Good Luck, Lancer.

Attachments

·
Administratoris Emeritus
2021 SL770
46,428 Posts
Complete grills, grill screens and moldings, etc. are inexpensive. We keep them in stock.

A

·
0 Posts
i have heard here and there rumors of there being 2 grills available for the 123. an "Avantgarte" grille, and a regular. is this true? what is the difference, and are the better ones hard to come by?

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
I know that most grilles are the standard type. Avantgarde ones are simply ones with the plastic inserts painted black to reveal the chrome. Some have also included more horizontal grille strips.

There is also a sport grille available, mostly very good looking on coupes and does away with the SEC style grille/hood combo. I see it on Ebay alot, and the seller seems to be based in LA.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone, just happened to find one from someone in this forum who lives nearby- how bout that!! thanks Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts