Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
European 1985 280SL
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 1985 280sl Euro Model and would like to know where I might find a manual for it. Also my turn indicators stopped working a couple of days ago. I don't know where anything is on this car. I checked the fuses under the passanger side dash but did not see any burned out. Where can I locate the flasher unit and is that where I should start? What would make all the turn signals go out? Thanks

·
Registered
2017 Police Interceptor Utility, 2017 Police Interceptor Sedan
7,742 Posts
Hi,

Congrats on the purchase! The flasher is under the dash on the drivers side. There should be two of them, one for the hazards and one for the turn signals. If your hazards work then that flasher is fine. Pull one of them out and if the hazards quit you pulled the hazard one, your suspect then is the other flasher.

As for the manual, you have several options. I believe, our host, Ron (GermanStar), has them on CD otherwise you can purchase Haynes #63030 which covers older SL models but not the M110 engine and Haynes 63025 which covers W123 280E sedan with M110. You will then use the former text for everything but the engine and the latter one for the engine.

Hope this helps. Any chance of pics of the car?[:)]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts