Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1985 280CE 5-speed manual, just wondering what everybody thinks of these cars and the inline 6 motor. im restoring this car and havent drove it yet but i was told it is very fast. also anybody know what this car is worth with only 60,000 miles and fully restored?

·
Registered
'77 6.9, 74 240D, 96 Ram 5.9L Cummins
2,653 Posts
That's a rare car and configuration. What condition is it in now?

The gassers value is not as much as diesels these days unless it's got AMG papers which command top dollar.

It all depends on the level of restoration it gets.

Post pictures and we'll see what everyone thinks.

·
Registered
'73 450SL, '83 300CD, '01 E320 4matic
2,446 Posts
A 5 speed and euro spec 110 in a w123? It's worth about $8.00. I'll give you $10.:eek:

·
Registered
EURO 280CE
1,689 Posts
to me it would be priceless but generically atleast 7k

restore it and keep it tucked away you got something there, only go to car shows.
unless of course its apricot orange or maroon brown

·
Registered
1979 280CE
6,118 Posts
the M110 isn't very fast, but it isn't all that slow.

·
Registered
1966 250SE Cab, 1989 500SEL euro
3,570 Posts
It's not lightning fast, but it can boogie pretty good. Fast would be a 560SEC or similar; for a w123, it's the fastest one they built.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok so its not the fastest but it does put out 185 bhp and that is a lot for how old it is, and wiht a 5-speed i think it wont be dissopointing.how do u guys think it would do against a 01 BMW 325CI with the 2.5l. but here are some pics and beware she is kind of here own storage unit for her own parts, and she is stripped down pretty good.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
whats the wieght of your wagon? mine is about 1800lbs with a full car load. i would guess that it only weighs about 1200-1300 empty. also would any of you know if these motors are very sensitive because i had mine running(keep in mind it sat for about 15 yrs) then i took off the exhaust because i noticed my center resignator was glowing red becuase it is clogged, now the car wont run im assuming that it wont run with the exhaust off. also any of you have problems with the fuel pump not turning on when u turn the key, im thinking its the relay for the pump any ideas?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thats what i thought but i will put it back on and see what happens, i want to drive this car this summer hopefully you guys can help me get it running, ive rebuilt the entire fuel distributor and the fuel heater on the side of the engine block, also new fuel pump,filter and cap and rotor

·
Registered
1980 280ce
155 Posts
exhaust off should not cause the engine to not run
unless perhaps when it was federalized they installed a control valve with an O2 sensor in the downpipe, even so it would probably still run, just not as well.

looking forward to seeing the progress on this car- euro m110 w 5 speed, and its a black coupe!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts