Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1984 Mercedes-Benz 500SEL
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 1984 500SEL....Beautiful and great car!!! Had Windows tinted which makes it even more eye catching!

Anyways...

It recently developed a whiriling sound coming from the driverside bottom, Im guessing a vacum leak? Mentioning that, My transmission shifts a 3500 RPMs and its kinda hard, is that bad? And to top that off the driverside part of the engine shakes as if the Engine Mount went bad(possibly):confused:? and to make everything much better...since its coming up summertime the A/C through the front vents dont work only though the Front Window defrosters....:(

Any help or suggestions would be great!!! Thanks :D

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,142 Posts
Sounds like you have a few things going on there.

What service have you done since you got the car?

Try a transmission flush and replace the filter. These transmissions are very sensitive about the fulids (dirty, low, too high, old, wrong kind, etc.).

The AC issue indicates some of the pneumatic relays need to be replaced. Unfortunately, that is not an easy issue to address. Do a search and read up on the issue. You may want to start with those you can access without taking the entire dash out of the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know...but hey Im not gonna let this Benz go! Haha!

I've changed the Engine Oil and Filter, Added ATF Fluid, New Air Fliters, Fuel Filters, (Windows Tinted), New Fuses, New Brakes and Brake Fluid.

What ATF Fluids/filters would you suggest?

Thoses are the things I did when I first got the car.

Ummmm...how do I got about the A/C Vents and would you know how difficult it is?

Thank you very much!!!

·
Registered
1993 300TE, 1995 E320 Wagon
1,895 Posts
BenzGuy--

Congrats on the new car, and welcome to the forum. Everyone here is great at giving advice and help, and it looks as though you'll be having a fine time hunting down all of your issues. It's part of the "disease" we all share as owners of 126s.

The A/C issue that AxelWulff mentioned happens to be a rather involved repair order. You really will need to do a search through the archives to appreciate the nuances involved. I would start with something like "Air Conditioning Vents" and see where that gets you.

You could spend days online here learning about your car, and many of us have. I have almost always been able to find something to help with an issue. In fact, as far as "suggestions" go, that's my first one-- pick one of the "issues" you listed, and have at the search function!

As to a second suggestion-- look through various parts sources to see what's available. I used an Elring AT filter kit last time I did the job, and it was fine. Bought it from AutoHaus AZ.

Auto Parts at AutohausAZ - OEM Auto Parts - Discount Replacement Parts, Resources and Car Care Tips

BMA Auto Parts | Bumper to Bumper since 1978 | Oem auto parts, vw parts, sachs boge, mercedes benz parts, honda auto parts, saab parts

The Number One Source for You and Your Older Mercedes, We sell Solutions, not just parts! | MercedesSource.com

MercedesShop FastLane

Mercedes Benz Parts, Mercedes Parts, Accessories

Blue Ridge MB and AMG East » Parts for Sale (New Items!)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the suggestions!!!

I bought quite a few things from Autohaus and hopefully it'll be coming tomorrow :D

There is one more question to ask: I have a sunroof that wont open, I manually opened it and it closes like a charm and then i try to open it again and the motor doesnt sound like its engaging into opening it but it engages into closeing it.....

any suggestions?

Thanks ya'll:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts