Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,<br> <br> I'm trying to remove the transmission on a 84' 190D 2.2. I've unbolted everything (as far as I can tell) and am unable to get the transmission to drop. I've taken out the 6 bolts that run through the flywheel and into the torque converter. <br> <br> It seems that the torque converter which is still up against the engine will not allow the transmission to drop. How can I get the torque converter to move away from the flywheel and towards the rear of the car (together with the transmission)? <br> <br> Any suggestion on how I might get that torque converter to move away from the fly wheel or how I might remove the transmission will be greatly appreciated? I'm not able to find any place to pry it (torque converter) off. Thanks in advance.<br> <br> Best,<br> T.S. Harvey<br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You've probably got it out by now but if not, spray something up there (rust penetrant) or whatever, then prise the converter back from the motor into the auto with a lever/ crow bar (spin the converter so your not forcing the same place all the time though), and careful it doesn't suddenly all pop out and hurt you. There might be a bolt right at the top of the auto that you've missed too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts