Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1983 380SL
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Astral silver with black leather, 49000 original miles.

Full service just completed, new 15" chrome wheels from a 560SL with new performance Falken tires.

Service included all 5 drive belts on the engine, lube, oil, filter, compression test, new Bosch plugs, power steering filter and flush, brake system flush, transmission service and filter, differential lube change, fuel filter, cooling system flush and refill, complete visual inspection of the underside of the car, including drive discs, front crossmember and motor mounts. New battery w/warranty, A/C system converted to R134 and blows cold.

Everything (even the clock) functions as designed, including the climate control system, cruise control, central locking system.

Interior is excellent, outside the paint is excellent but there are a few door dings which could be repaired with a "paintless" type repair.

Things it needs: the radio antenna motor is noisy when going up or down, the shocks need replacing and the brake pads and rotors will need replacement in the next 5-10000 miles.

Removable hardtop is excellent, the soft top is very nice. The back window shown in the photos has cleaned up nicely with some specialty plastic cleaner.

I just have too many projects at the moment.

$8500 obo, trades possible. Call Ken at 480-802-7830 or email [email protected] with any questions.

Attachments

·
One of the BW Old Guard/R129, W204 Moderator
1997 SL500- 40th Anniversary
7,166 Posts
Beautiful car.
Why does it have a 1988-style center stop light n the truck lid?

·
Registered
1983 380SL
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
380SL

Don't really have an answer for your question.

The light on the trunk, which I think is ugly, was there when we got the car.

I asked my sister-in-law about it and she seems to think that it has been there all along. I did look at it from underneath, and it's definitely an "add on", and not a real smooth installation.

Ken

1 - 3 of 3 Posts