Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1983 300Dturbodiesel
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently got my this as my first car from my grandmother, and am trying to get it all working again...its in amazing condition, 77,000mi, and had been sitting in my grandmas garage for the past 8 years since it was my grandfathers and after he died it was hardly driven because she didnt like the handling... all of the electrical system was shot when i got it, and it was in dire need of a tune up, and there was a big leak into the trunk when it rained... ive been caring for it as best as possible so far, and its pretty damn nice for a car older than i am heh... i got most of the stuff fixed (esp the trunk swimming pool in trunk = bad) but thers a few more things i had questions about..

-the tach intermittedly works, but most of the time it doesnt...i think this might be a loose connection somewhere on the amp or something, does this sound like it could be the culprit?

-the backlight on the gear selector sometimes takes a while to turn on when the headlights are on, no idea what causes that

-the trunk wont stay unlocked, ever time i need to open it it needs the key...is it supposed to do that?

-the cruise control doesnt seem to work, i read the manual and still cant get it to operate, in case im doing it wrong how do you work it? probbably broken, but not sure

-the audio system is still stock, ugh its terrible, blown, and just bad... has anyone enlarged the speaker holes or put speakers other than the std places? the front speakers are very tiny and was hoping to eventually get something a bit larger in there

thanks!

·
Registered
1994 SL320, '76 240D
153 Posts
Yeah - it's very rare for an MB cruise control to work on an older car.

Yeah - it's very rare for an MB cruise control to work on an older car.

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
Check the tach impulse sender

As mentioned before on another thread the part number is #001 545 59 32. There is a cruise contol on e-bay right now, bid at %79. Best buy electronic parts new however. They are worth it!
[:D]

·
Registered
84 230CE & 84 300DT
324 Posts
I doubt that you will be able to get bigger speakers in the front dash but the back has ...

I doubt that you will be able to get bigger speakers in the front dash but the back has possibilities because the package tray is made out of some type of fiber board. I would first check by removing the the tray to really explore what size speakers you could put there but you will need to pull the back seat out first in the process. You should have no trouble cutting the tray with a utility knife.

·
Registered
MB 300 D turbo
5 Posts
Speakers in rear

RE: 1982 300 D, I changed the rear speakers with Diamler-Chrysler 6X9 designed for a Freightliner truck with a little problem; had to use a jig saw, but they did go and fit OK. Once they were in, you couldn't tell that i had to cut the parcel shelf, cause the trim covers it up..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.