Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1983 300d. Its a four spead automatic. It goes smoothly into reverse and shifts smoothly from first to second gear but refuses to go into third. I've tried shifting it manually from l to s to d at 3000rpm and also disconnecting the down shift swich behind the accelerter peddle. I got some advise to check a piston on the side of the transmission to see if it was broken or not applying. How can I test that? And what else should I check? Please help

·
Registered
1978 mercedes 300D "silver streak" 2000 Mercedes ML320 1994 W124 Mercedes e500
41 Posts
I have a 1983 300d. Its a four spead automatic. It goes smoothly into reverse and shifts smoothly from first to second gear but refuses to go into third. I've tried shifting it manually from l to s to d at 3000rpm and also disconnecting the down shift swich behind the accelerter peddle. I got some advise to check a piston on the side of the transmission to see if it was broken or not applying. How can I test that? And what else should I check? Please help
I'm not absolutely sure that this is it but just search for B2 piston repair and you should find it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts