Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1983 300DT Sedan W123, 617.952
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1983 Mercedes 300DT - $7000 (New Market AL)
image 1 of 14

1983 Mercedes Benz 300DT
condition: good
cylinders: 5 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: diesel
odometer: 201600
paint color: yellow
size: mid-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: sedan
201K miles. NO RUST. Timeless beauty.

Link to 25 pictures can be sent upon request.

201,000 miles. Burns 1 quart every 1000 miles. I've had this car for 13 years. Some but Not all recent Replaced:

Radiator, Water pump, Coolant hoses, Injectors, Glow plugs, Glow plug relay, Rack damper bolt, Transmission,
Fan clutch, Rebuilt turbo, AC lines, Front end rebuild, Compressor and RFD, Conversion to R134, Alternator, Starter, Window regulators, Window seals, Windshield, Front and rear glass rubber seals, Door seals, Subframe mounts, Shocks, New tires, CV joints from CVJ in Denver, Motor and transmission mounts, OEM Battery

Everything works, power windows, sunroof, electric antenna, cruise control, cold AC, warm heat.
The fuel economy is an honest 27-28 MPG.

The cutout in the dash is for an outside temp gauge display which I haven't installed yet. I have the gauge and the sensor cable is ran but I have not installed it yet.

Some other info on the car:

Window tint, pro installed 3M, not too dark but UV blocking, NO cracks in the dash, Just replaced all the fan belts, Timing chain done at 160K, Just repaired the P/S pump leak, Additional springs installed under the front seats with a kit from Kent Bergsma, Brake rotors and pads completed with MB parts at 180K, Oil change every 3K, Brake fluid flushed annually (it's due now), Alpine amp and sub unit in the back seat, stock speakers replaced with Kicker components, Clock is operational and super accurate, Vacuum door, trunk, and gas cap locks operational, Replaced front engine main seal at 120K, Rebuilt vacuum pump at 130K, Tires are new Hankooks.
Engine has a seep or two but NO leaks. It does NOT drip oil on the garage floor. That in and of itself is amazing for this car at 36 years of age.

Engine oil pan, oil pan gasket, and sub pan gasket replaced at 150K, Rebuilt cruise control amp and climate control circuit boards by a guy out in CA who specializes in that, Replaced power brake vacuum canister behind the master cylinder, Replaced cruise control motor, Replaced P/S hydraulic lines, MB battery installed Dec '18,
Replaced flex brakes lines at all calipers, speedbleeders (makes for easy annual brake fluid flushes), Valve stem seals replaced at 110K, EGR delete, Heater mono-valve at 110K, Heater blower brushes replaced, New exhaust system (manifold back) at 140K, Hirschmann power antenna motor, Euro headlamp bulbs (brighter than SAE)
Bosch diesel manual primer pump on injection pump, Trouble shot and repaired vacuum actuated door locks-had to replaced sections of vacuum line and vacuum pods, Valves adjusted every 5-7K. Recently replaced the fuel gauge sending unit in the tank. There's so much more little things I've done to the car that's not listed here.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Transmission shifts well except for quick 2nd to 3rd. No slipping or flaring.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Price reduced to $5000
Compression test and valve adjustment completed last week.
1. 395
2. 390
3. 365
4. 350
5. 370

1 - 5 of 5 Posts