Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking into buying one and am looking for any info/advice/problems...etc with the year model.<br>
<br>
the car itself is in great shape in and out, there is however 269k on it already. it will primarily be a city driver...thanks!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Kari, this has the 110 engine, a very good engine. That said, it is also expensive to service. Timing chain needs to be checked and more than likely needs the valves adjusted. You can pay up to $1,000 for this service. If these items have been addressed, then expect to pay $2,500 t0 $3,000 for the vehicle. If in poor shape $1,500 tops.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the car has been declared 'in great shape' by a pro, then get it. It's around 300,000 k's that heads start needing reconditioning though, take it to your mechanic and they'll be able to tell you if it's been done yet or not. But I mean that 280 motor is a great motor and its well worthwhile getting the head done if need be cause it 'll last another 300'000 k's.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm not buying the car until next month, so i'll take it down to a friend who works on mercedes to get it checked out. the car was bought at auction, so the history is history. i hope that the engine is in good shape, because i would like this to be my primary car. thanks for the info!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts