Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1982 300D Turbo 1991 350SDL - sold
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to forum, looking long distance at an 82 300TD with 62k, garaged in California for its entire life. Now owned by elderly lady, family friend, who wants it gone. I am told there is a small oil leak, and that the AC and power windows don't work. I owned a 91 350 SDL before and didn't have issues before downsizing, want to get back in the game though. I am a novice at MB care/repair, but devoted. What should I be asking, or can any one point me towards a particular thread.

·
Registered
83 & 84 300 TD
424 Posts
Welcome to the Board
Got pics?
Where at in CA
What do they want for it?
I have a 84 with only 180k on it ended up pulling the motor replacing all the seals they where all dried up and leaking
Windows most likely the switches or bad fuse
AC is not that hard to fix there again seals and O rings dried up

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will get some pics up today, just got them and its not a TD, its a 300D turbo. Looks pretty good though.

Bakersfield

Your answers make me feel more confident about it, I appreciate it. I think I will regret passing on something like this.

·
Registered
1978 mercedes 300D "silver streak" 2000 Mercedes ML320 1994 W124 Mercedes e500
41 Posts
3K would be a great price for that car if it has no rust.
X2...

Even if it has bad paint and needs some SLS work it'll still be better/cheaper than most 300TD's (most of them are rising in price... About 8-10K for good ones)

Sent from my iPad using Autoguide

·
Premium Member
107, 115, 116, 123, 124, 126
5,924 Posts
X2...

Even if it has bad paint and needs some SLS work it'll still be better/cheaper than most 300TD's (most of them are rising in price... About 8-10K for good ones)

Sent from my iPad using Autoguide
It's not a TD, but still a great price.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I thought it was a good price. This will all be long distance, but its seen no winters/snow. Having trouble loading pics, its a nice light blue color, she sent a few shots from the outside (not that helpful).

·
Registered
1980 300TD w/ '84 OM617.952
55 Posts
That is a good price, esp. if it's been garaged & taken care of its whole life. If it runs, and doesn't have any major problems, I would jump at it!

Any common problems with the W123's are purely mechanical - i.e. you can fix it if you can find it. I've been restoring mine for about 3 months with nothing but the (worthless) Haynes manual, the Peach Parts forum, and all the advise on here, and I haven't encountered a problem I haven't been able to fix!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts