Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor
450slc5.0cab 280sl5sp 280se4.5 500seAMG +250seStkW108 350sl4spdX3 500secEuro
22,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dual-row timing chain motor. 560sl subframe. Rotted body. Floors are actually not totally rotted, but something went wrong on the passenger side such that this car includes a replacement passenger rear quarter panel. I saw a nice guy I’ve gotten cars from before had this listed and he hauled it down to my place. I discovered it was a soggy mess on the interior, and I cleaned it up and made it much less of an eyesore and made it run, but I think I blew out the fuel distributor, and it no longer runs and drives. That puts it in the category of “must go”. It has a water infiltration issue right on top of the fuse panel due to a rotted coal vent. So even though I cleaned it up nicely for FS pics, the carpets are now vertical, and I’ve got the hard top propped up in the rear to keep the ventilation good. The window motors and regulators are good, and the windows will go up and down if you put power to the switches, but the electrical components are too corroded to be trustworthy on this one. The window switches don’t work the way they should. The radio doesn’t work.

I’m looking to help my friend get his number on this car so that I can give the carcass away to another friend and maybe take/swap a few things that I know I could use in my other projects.

Clean title.

Passenger fender looks good. Driver fender has a small rot hole in the bottom behind the wheel, and a small dent in front. Lights look good. Glass looks good.

Soft top is decent, as is the blue interior hard top (not original to the car).

Brown console is good. Tan seats aren’t good. Passenger brown seat back is the only good part left from the original seats.

I would like to first see parts get sold off that don’t make this car an eyesore. I’ve got spare bundts / wheels, bumpers, and a white aluminum hood. So all that stuff is good to go.

Taking offers and selling it if makes sense. Bring ‘em on! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
w108 & w107
36 Posts
might be a silly question (they say you are dumb for a minute when you ask a question, but dumb for a lifetime if you don't), but I'm in Australia (not Austria), looking for a pair of fog-lights (under front bumper). I don't need the 'eye-brow' is that helps, but I feel shipping may be the deal breaker. I also am after a Becker 612, but that's not so critical. Message me if you (or anyone) can help. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1974 450 SLC
12 Posts
Hi Fonzi,

Is the car located in PA? I'm in need of a full set of bundt wheels and an aluminum hood, but I'm on the opposite side of the country (Seattle, WA). The only small part that I'm in need of is the plastic piece behind the glove box door. Is that piece still intact?

·
Registered
1989 560SEL, 1974 450SL
220 Posts
Can you provide a VIN so that I can confirm fitment? I'm in need of the glove box liner and all the clips, hardware, and the light that go with it. Also looking for a chrome ring for one of the center vents.

·
Registered
1980 450SL
18 Posts
How's the gear shifter label (prndsl) mine is crappy, so would like to replace Id take just the little plate and plastic cover or the entire cover box. Whatever is easy for you. Also how's the climate control cover? I'd be interested in that as well.

Doug

·
Outstanding Contributor
450slc5.0cab 280sl5sp 280se4.5 500seAMG +250seStkW108 350sl4spdX3 500secEuro
22,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My friend Rick is going to be doing the part out over the next few days I think.

I will see if he wants to manage this thread himself, post his contact info, or have me manage the questions.

Sorry for the delays.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts