Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across this:

Mercedes-Benz : 500-Series Mercedes-Benz : 500-Series | eBay

*All I can say this is one fantastic Mercedes! I have owned many rare and unique cars and I can honestly say this one might be one of the neatest cars I have ever owned. I get many thumbs up. This AMG has presence! It has been a southern car for a majority of its life, hence no rust at all. For being 28yrs. old it is in very good condition. The paint is in fair shape and has a couple of flat spots in it. Also if you look at the front fender it has a spot of cancer the size of a half dollar. The rear window is delaminating, which is common with this vintage. This is a real AMG with all AMG parts stamped and verified. I have done all preventive maintainance and have added some performance inhancements. This particular Mercedes has the AMG catalog thrown at it with a no cost approach from the original purchaser. Below is a list of AMG options installed and the maintainance I have done.***********euro vehicle, eBay does not recognize VIN. It's a 1984****************

AMG Options

AMG Areodynamics
********* full body kit

**********rear spoiler

Performance
******** *tubular exhaust headers

******** *5.4 liter modification to version lll

Suspension
******** *lowering kit

******** *AMG 3pc Areo's(new*Toyo tires)

Interior Apointments
**********full leather treatment including dash and all surfaces your body touches

**********steering wheel

**********Recaro Ideal C seats(fully functioniing)

********* matching wood console

********* shift knob

********* full door wood kit

********* AMG rear logo

********* champaigne cooler center console(not working, but cool non the less, all parts there)

Maintainance
******** timing chain, rail, guides and tensioner

******** plugs, wires and valve adjustment

******* *interior restoration

******* *recharge A/C and replace belts

******* *all fluids flushed and replaced

******** battery

*********stainless 2.5 exhaust with X pipe into dual Magnaflow exhaust

As good as the pictures came out, this AMG is 28yrs old and shows some pantina. The exterior shows well, but I was going to have it painted. The dipped chrome trim has some paint flaking off, along with the front grille. The front spoiler has a crack in the middle, holding up well, but needs repair. The interior has been restored to like new condition. The leather is in*fantastic shape*with minimal wear. Most of the interior wood is in decent shape, excluding the dash trim pieces. To make this stand tall next to the leather I would have all wood restored. Mechanically this car is strong! I took it out the other day and ran with a Mustang GT. The top end seems endless! All service has been performed by a Mercedes Master tech and is spot on. This summer I took it to Atlanta and back with temps pushing 90 with the A/C blowing cold and the temp needle holding steady. There are*a couple*problem areas that will need attention. The first is the transmision. I've had it looked at and the tech said it is fine, it just shifts a little soft for me, I hear you can adjust it. Never tried. The vaccum needle bounces around at idle. Probably a vaccum line some where. Also the driver side and passenger side window switches are going bad. They work, but require a little force. This AMG is a piece of Mercedes history and I guarantee it is one of few optioned like this. It deserves to be restored and driven and definately appreaciated. There are a couple reasons I'm selling it: I dont get to drive it like I should or have the time to put into restoring it, secondly I'm buying a car I sold years ago and it's for sale again, you know how it goes, wife say's I can only have so many toy's. Who ever wins this auction will* be gettiing a great car and a piece of Mercedes and AMG history! This is a no reserve auction so please bid responsably and those of you with no feedback or negitive feedback I will remove your bid if you do not contact me before bidding. Thanks and good luck! If you have any question please feel free to text me xxx-xxx-xxxxand I will get back to you as soon as possible.

·
Registered
8,006 Posts
Oh yeah Ohiohammer and the car he got for $6k - from reading this group, I may add.

That pic of the cam with the oiler tube removed - didn't see the solid lifter clip there, perhaps hidden?

DG, you ever get your AMG stuff back after all?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Stunning car..but will need some money invested in it..from what I read on the eBay ad, the car needs:
1) Needs a new rear glass
2) Repair front cracked AMG spoiler
3) Rust spot on front fender
4) Possible vacuum leak will need to be traced
5) Tranny shifts "soft"?
6) Replace a couple power window switches

Even though I would rather have and been looking at Gen 2 \ later models 560SECs, I am very drawn to this car and may throw a bid in the mix.

Regards - Yasin

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
OK I just threw three bids and got outbid by the same person due to their high bid limit..bidding is now up to $4,050 (from $1,750)..I'll keep my eye and see what the next few days brings.

·
Registered
116 Posts
AMG

Before this gets out of hand. First of all the book has been returned to Dr.Grillz, undamaged and intact. It does have mechanical lifters, the clips where off to adjust the valves. I have'nt been on the forum for several months due to the backlash over Dr.Grillz book. When I purchased the car It was not because of this site, nor did I find it here. This site was valuable in finding info and opinions on the AMG. I shared with this site the purchase and the adventure as to whether it was a real AMG. Also those new to this forum you can find the price I paid for it as I shared this also with the group. This was exciting and fun.....the chase. I love the hunt for a car and bringing it back to life. Also for those of you unfamiliar with me. I own a decent size used car lot, so I sell and export cars for a living. So I have been accussed of using this forum to find the deals and flip the cars. WRONG! When I joined this site it was when I bought a WB SEC out of MI. and was wanting advice and knowledge on bringing the car back to life. Long story short, the AMG is for sale and if you do your research you can find all the restoration I've done to it on this forum. I'm not looking to make $, just would like to get the $ I have into it back. I'm only selling the AMG and a couple other cars I have to buy a Porsche 930 that I sold in 07 and It's back on the market on eBay. It's real and it's in far better condition then when I bought it. In my mind and others on this board it's a verified AMG.......verified by Dr.Grillz himself and most people here would call him one of the experts. I've been called a scumbag and various other names on this site, because of a book and miscomunication so thats why I did'nt post it here first, but if you have any questions about the car you can find most of the info here, if you need better pics let me know, not trying to hide anything. If you have any questions about my integrity I've done some trading and buying from other members, and trust me as vocal and protective of its members as BW is you would have heard any negitive feedback. Shoot me a PM if I can be of help. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,006 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Sister car to mine - Anthracite Grey 172 5.4L AMG SEL. Good luck with the sale, Ohiohammer. I hope the car goes to a BW member, as well, so we can keep up with the car in the future.

I understand your desires regarding 930's - spectacular cars!

Al

·
9,038 Posts
Before this gets out of hand. First of all the book has been returned to Dr.Grillz, undamaged and intact. It does have mechanical lifters, the clips where off to adjust the valves. I have'nt been on the forum for several months due to the backlash over Dr.Grillz book. When I purchased the car It was not because of this site, nor did I find it here. This site was valuable in finding info and opinions on the AMG. I shared with this site the purchase and the adventure as to whether it was a real AMG. Also those new to this forum you can find the price I paid for it as I shared this also with the group. This was exciting and fun.....the chase. I love the hunt for a car and bringing it back to life. Also for those of you unfamiliar with me. I own a decent size used car lot, so I sell and export cars for a living. So I have been accussed of using this forum to find the deals and flip the cars. WRONG! When I joined this site it was when I bought a WB SEC out of MI. and was wanting advice and knowledge on bringing the car back to life. Long story short, the AMG is for sale and if you do your research you can find all the restoration I've done to it on this forum. I'm not looking to make $, just would like to get the $ I have into it back. I'm only selling the AMG and a couple other cars I have to buy a Porsche 930 that I sold in 07 and It's back on the market on eBay. It's real and it's in far better condition then when I bought it. In my mind and others on this board it's a verified AMG.......verified by Dr.Grillz himself and most people here would call him one of the experts. I've been called a scumbag and various other names on this site, because of a book and miscomunication so thats why I did'nt post it here first, but if you have any questions about the car you can find most of the info here, if you need better pics let me know, not trying to hide anything. If you have any questions about my integrity I've done some trading and buying from other members, and trust me as vocal and protective of its members as BW is you would have heard any negitive feedback. Shoot me a PM if I can be of help. Thanks!
Wait.. WTF? When did you return my book as I was not made aware of this. You said you sent it to me, it never arrived. You then claimed that you would deliver it to me... that too did not happen. You also continue to ignore my calls/messages so how the hell would I know if you sent my belongings back? Prove that you shipped it or that you delivered it.... because to this day I did not get anything back.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Shariff I sent that out about two months ago signature confirmation USPS to your sisters address. If I need to go to the post office in the morning let me know.

·
9,038 Posts
After 15 months... the item that was loaned out was finally returned. Glad this ugly incident is done with. Good luck with your sale, Ohiohammer... I enjoyed driving it the first time I saw it. Its a unique car that will hopefully be bought by someone who will restore it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Does this car get the "Good Housekeeping Seal of Aproval"?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts